AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: clover Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 05:28 AM
I'll be making a little trip to Punta Gorda later this month.....never been there.......any suggestions for lodging, restaurants or points of interest?
Posted By: catdog Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 01:25 PM
What's your budget for lodging , Clover? I've stayed at the Sea Front Inn a couple of times. I think it was around 75US for a double. The rooms all have different themes (ie: conch room, seahorse etc) kind of cool. One thing I love about it is the water pressure in the showers!! After traveling around a few days and the long road down to PG, the shower there is amazing. Nice views and hammocks on the balconies, good breakfasts. A lot of people(tourists, expats etc) eat at Emory's.. outside dining under a large palapa roof. Open air market in the mornings, I think Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat, by the clock tower in the town is nice to walk around. Went to the PG Sports Bar in the evening..good entertainment , lots of memorabilia and interesting decor. Seemed to be many tours to take that sounded interesting..was mostly visiting and didnt do that stuff, but would like to on a future visit.
When ya going? Have fun..I enjoy PG, hope you do.
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info catdog. The Sea Front Inn it is! We'll leave from AC around the 20th....Looks like fun......Thanks.
Posted By: mango Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 02:43 PM
I have just come back from PG and stayed at El Pescador PG for about the 4th time. The just won Belize Tourism Boards "Hotel of the Year" award.
Wonderful setting and great service
Posted By: mango Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 02:46 PM
I have just come back from PG and stayed at El Pescador PG for about the 4th time. The just won Belize Tourism Boards "Hotel of the Year" award.
Wonderful setting and great service
Posted By: dabunk Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:00 PM
Right behind the Seafront is a vegetarian resturaunt that is small but has great food. And if you go up front street past the market by several blocks is an east Indian resturaunt, excellent food as well. I second the Sea Front Inn. Larry and Karol will treat you right, and their son in law Roberto does tours to the local cayes and fishing if you are into it.
Posted By: catdog Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:12 PM
dabunk, yes, i remember that place ..started with G.....I think.. great food!
clover, will you return to AC after?
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:22 PM
yep....just taking a break to see something different...I'll be on AC feb 14-27....will go to Punta Gorda around the 19-20...for a few days.
Posted By: catdog Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:27 PM
Sounds good..maybe I'll run into you when you get back. I'll be on AC when you get back.
Will you drive to PG or fly?
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:28 PM
There are several wonderful new places open in PG. Coral House Inn is about the same price, or a little less, than the Sea Front Inn and even has a swimming pool. The hosts, an expat U.S. couple, are great, and there's even wireless internet.

About a mile from PG is another new place, Hickatee Cottages, three lovely cottages in a natural setting run by an English couple.

A few blocks up from Seafront Inn is the new Beya Suites, a Belizean-owned place.

If you're looking for something cheaper, around $30, Tate's Guesthouse is still a good choice.

I still think that Emery Restaurant has the best food in PG. It was closed for awhile but has reopened. There's also a new place down from Coral House Inn, on the water, called ... well, I forget what it's called, Barbara's Seaside or something like that. They only have one or two dishes, but the owner is a good cook. There's also a good Chinese place next to the ice cream shop. Grace's is a good place for breakfast.

El Pescador PG is terrific, though not cheap.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 03:38 PM
I'll be flying. The Seafront Inn or Coral House look to be my kind of places...thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Punta Gorda - 02/03/06 04:46 PM
Please leave us some trip report, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!! Enjoy your time.
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 05:13 PM
I'll have pictures and a report when I return...but the names will be changed to protect the innocent.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 05:57 PM
Thats O.K. Clover, people on this board change their name 2, 3 times a day.
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 06:00 PM
People don't really do that do they?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 06:11 PM
HA !
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 07:45 PM
I do want a trip report. I been thinking about going there sometime in the future.
Posted By: clover Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 08:20 PM
That's a done deal.....I know all the boarders that might be going with us......but who knows......the real el diablo might slip into the cargo hold!
Posted By: NYgal Re: Punta Gorda - 02/04/06 11:24 PM
anyone with a second or third name, on this message board, raise your hand.....NOW !! smile
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board