AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Altun Ha ?

Posted By: A&B to Belize

Altun Ha ? - 04/21/03 08:24 PM

We are planning a few activities during our honeymoon and Altun Ha has been recommended as a great trip. We are not the camping type and do not have any gear to head into the jungle. Would anyone recommend that we wear anything more than blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and hiking boots or is that too much or even too hot?

I managed to go on a hiking trip in Ireland and was completely unprepared. I really do not want to have a repeat performance.

Any advice is helpful.
Posted By: Sandy C

Re: Altun Ha ? - 04/21/03 08:34 PM

Altun Ha is small and easily accessible by vehicle and then foot; no hiking involved. Tennis shoes would be fine, as well as shorts, unless you want to wear long clothes for sun protection. It could be warm-hot there, so recommend light clothes if you wear long pants or shirt. "Climbing" to the top of structures is mostly equivalent to a steep staircase walk. Happy honeymoon!
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Altun Ha ? - 04/21/03 09:15 PM

I agree with Sandy. With Altun Ha there is virtually no hiking. I am assuming you are going by boat, then changing over to a bus at Bomba...

These ruins are pretty much a smaller scale of the bigger ones, but interesting nonetheless. When I went just shorts and a top were fine and of course the ever present can of repellent.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board