AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: gailtor Glass Bead Maker in Belize City? - 04/14/06 03:00 PM
Hi there... I am an avid beadaholic and this week heard that there is a man in Belize City who apparently makes amazing glass beads. He is said to have a booth at the Farmer's (local) market. Does anyone know this man and how I can contact him? Any leads would be much appreciated. laugh
Also any information on the local market would be appreciated.

My friend Christine and I are organizing a BEADERS and Friends CRUISE next January, and one of the stops includes Belize!! If we were able to organize a side trip to visit this bead maker it would be absolutely fabulous.. cool
Heck, if you know of any others that are in the bead business let us know.

Happy Easter...
Gail
Posted By: Pam&Dave Re: Glass Bead Maker in Belize City? - 04/14/06 05:45 PM
Don't know about the bead maker, however, the cruise sounds very interesting. What other ports will you visit? Where do you sail from? Tell me more. My daughter is a "beader." It would be fun to take her on this cruise as a graduation gift.
Pam
Posted By: gailtor Re: Glass Bead Maker in Belize City? - 04/14/06 07:23 PM
Hi Pam.. Leave from Tampa Florida, on Sat, Jan 13th at 5pm, visit George Town, Cayman Island; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel,Mexico, returning at 9am on Sat Jan 20th.

It would be a wonderful graduation gift.. there will be 'classes / workshops' on the two days at sea. We haven't finalized the classes or instructors yet.

Feel free to email me privately, and I will give you more details.

Take care, Gail cool
Posted By: gailtor Re: Glass Bead Maker in Belize City? - 04/24/06 01:53 AM
Still looking for information on this bead maker..

Anybody???????? laugh

Information on the best non tourist markets in Belize City is also appreciated.

Thanks Gail cool
Posted By: gailtor Re: Glass Bead Maker in Belize City? - 04/24/06 01:54 AM
PS FYI I have sent an email to the Belize Tourist Board asking them for any info but am stilling waiting for the reply.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board