AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Ruin Tours (what to wear?)

Posted By: ScubaDoo

Ruin Tours (what to wear?) - 06/21/02 02:44 AM

We will be in Belize in July (our first trip to Belize). We will be going to Lamanai and Altun Ha ruins. Should we wear light weight long pants and long sleeve shirts or are shorts and t-shirts ok? We were fine in shorts and t-shirts at Chichen Itza in the Yucatan last September. We don't want to be eaten alive by bugs. TIA.
Posted By: d-jon

Re: Ruin Tours (what to wear?) - 06/21/02 05:11 AM

light weight long pants and long sleeve shirts with sneakers.

[email protected]
Posted By: Kate

Re: Ruin Tours (what to wear?) - 06/21/02 01:49 PM

Definitely sneakers. You can wear shorts and short sleeves if you wear plenty of sunscreen and bug spray.

If you are going from AC, make sure you wear something that will dry quickly as you may get wet on the boat ride. And a light jacket for the return trip would be useful as it may be near sundown as you cross the water back to AC, and you'll need it if it rains. One of these trips goes to Maruba spa so don't forget a bathing suit too!
Posted By: sarahsmile

Re: Ruin Tours (what to wear?) - 06/21/02 02:50 PM

Both times I have been in Belize and the ruins I was fine with skin so soft bug spray/sunscreen and a touch of OFF bug repellant around edges of clothes.
Once I wore shorts and once pants.
My parents and friend however were eaten alive! My dad's recomendation to anyone going to ruins is to wear pants!
My suggestion...get those zip off pants that turn into shorts...they are usually lightweight and dry quickly too!

ss
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board