AmbergrisCaye.com Home

places near chan chich?

Posted By: nnr

places near chan chich? - 04/13/03 03:41 PM

We are staying at Chan Chich next Feb. but couldn't get all the nights reserved that we wanted. We're wait-listed, but want to know if there's a good place to stay nearby if we can't get the extra 2 nights.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: places near chan chich? - 04/13/03 04:33 PM

There's really nothing at all near Chan Chich. The closest place to stay en route would be at the Programme for Belize Rio Bravo research station -- they mostly cater to student groups, but they do have simple cabanas and dorms. It's maybe 45 minutes from Chan Chich. Another option, and probably a better one, a little farther away, would be Lamanai Outpost Lodge.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: nnr

Re: places near chan chich? - 04/13/03 05:11 PM

Lan, Thank you so much. The info I have gleaned from you on this board has been invaluable. N
Posted By: Marie

Re: places near chan chich? - 04/16/03 04:12 AM

Lan is right. The lodge at Lamani is lovely, as is the site (although I am personally more fond of Xuantanich and Caracol). The guides are very professional. Also keep in mind, between now and February, the rooms you want may become available. That's a long way away. So, you can ask to be put on a "wait list". But, if I were you, I would think about giving Lamani a visit too, if time allows.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board