AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Corozal to Lamanai Outpost Lodge

Posted By: CorozalBayResort

Corozal to Lamanai Outpost Lodge - 04/05/04 01:30 AM

smile Have some guests that would like to go to Lamanai Outpost Lodge. So far the only way they have found to get there cost more than the accommodations.
Anybody know a more economic way to get there? cool
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Corozal to Lamanai Outpost Lodge - 04/06/04 12:58 AM

1. The cheapest: I think there are still a couple of buses a week to Indian Church village from Orange Walk Town.

2. Bus down to OW and take a boat up the New River -- several tour operators do the day trips to Lamanai from OW, and Lamanai ruin are only half a mile or so to Lamanai Outpost Lodge.

3. Go to your new neighbor, Copa Banana, and rent a car, or else have Budget deliver one from Belize City. Easy, fun drive.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
Posted By: CorozalBayResort

Re: Corozal to Lamanai Outpost Lodge - 04/07/04 01:48 AM

They got a bus to Orange Walk and New River Cruises took them for US$25. each to the lodge. They came back that way too. They were very happy with the trip and Lamanai Outpost Lodge.
Copa Banana no longer has a rental car. It was smashed up about a month ago in a horrible accident. The wife was killed in the incident and the husband thrown in jail.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Corozal to Lamanai Outpost Lodge - 04/13/04 02:27 AM

Actually, I believe Copa Banana does still have a rental car -- a Kia SUV. I'm told they are also getting the Tracker fixed and are bringing another car down later in the year, for a total of three.

But, yes, as I say, busing to OW and then going up the river is the way 95% of visitors to Lamanai do it.

--Lan Sluder
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board