AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kerry belize city to corozal - 02/02/09 09:10 AM
can anyone give me some info on the bus lines and schedules? did a search and most i found were from quite a while back...
any input would be appreciated...thanx
Posted By: Inky Re: belize city to corozal - 02/02/09 01:40 PM
Here is National's Bus schedule link for Corozal:
http://www.nationaltransportbelize.com/schedule/district/?d=1
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: belize city to corozal - 02/02/09 07:46 PM
Another and more comprehensive site on bus schedules in Belize and elsewhere in Central America (though it's not complete and some schedules may have changed): http://www.thebusschedule.com

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: kerry Re: belize city to corozal - 02/03/09 05:57 AM
thank u both for the sites...any idea as to the cost these days?
i arrive at 2:50 pm at goldson...should that be enough time to catch the 5 pm bus? just traveling with carry on luggage....any idea how far to the bus terminal from the airport? cost of taxi?
thanx again for any more input...
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: belize city to corozal - 02/04/09 03:01 AM
The bus terminal downtown is a US$25 taxi ride. However, you don't need to go downtown to catch a bus going north. Just go to the junction of the airport access road and the Northern Highway (a little less than 2 miles from the airport terminal) and flag down any non-express bus going north. You may be able to get a taxi to take you to the junction for a few dollars though the cab drivers prefer to take passengers into town. Otherwise you can hitch or go by shank's mare.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: belize city to corozal - 04/06/09 08:08 PM
Up to date bus schedules & travel information here:

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/
Posted By: johnbelize Re: belize city to corozal - 05/16/09 07:51 PM
How about a taxi from Belize airport to Corozal? My flight in doesnt link well with the bus departures to Corozal. C

Can I get a taxi from Belize airport to Corozal Town for less than $100 US dollars? Just me in the taxi?

Are they shuttle services between a taxi and a bus? Small van 5-6 passenger type deal for $50 US to Corozal?

Thanks!
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: belize city to corozal - 05/16/09 09:40 PM
Taxi from PGIA to Corozal: I know it has been done for US$75 (a few years ago). I wouldn't expect much, if any, change from US$100.

There are a few transfer services. Have a look at the BelizeBus site mentioned in a previous post. Scroll down to the Getting Places in Belize section and you'll find a list under Transfer Services. You'll have to contact them for prices.
Posted By: johnbelize Re: belize city to corozal - 06/06/09 06:19 PM
Thanks for the help. Might just hit up a couple taxi drivers and see what they charge.

The shuttles all seem want over $100 if you are alone. You basically get the same price in a shuttle for 3-4 people. Then could divide up the charge. Even one other person would make for about 60 dollars US a person. Have no guarantee I wouldnt be alone.

Dragging suitcase or finding taxi to the highway that Lan mentioned to flag a bus that may or not be full after a long flight is not all that terrible but Im just trying to understand all my options.

If I new what to expect upon flagging a bus (available seat, safe place for luggage)...I guess I would just cover the 2 miles one way or another and then enjoy the ride North.
Posted By: kerry Re: belize city to corozal - 06/07/09 06:48 AM
when are u arriving johnbelize?
Posted By: johnbelize Re: belize city to corozal - 06/07/09 09:25 PM
July 4th around noon.
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: belize city to corozal - 06/08/09 02:02 AM
There is a copy of the Belize City to Corozal bus schedule on my site: http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Buses are frequent so shouldn't be "standing room" full. But, that also depends on what time you're arriving. Buses tend to fill up with commuters in early morning and late afternoon.

I have made some comments about luggage on the site.
Posted By: kerry Re: belize city to corozal - 06/08/09 07:12 AM
sorry john....be long gone by then...
Posted By: johnbelize Re: belize city to corozal - 06/22/09 11:30 PM
Seems to me that arriving around noon (who knows if you can count on that these days), I can catch a "regular" bus that probably won't be standing room only.

Be careful with my luggage (as anywhere in Cent. America).

thx.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board