AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Flights from Cancun to Chetumal

Posted By: Ann-Marie

Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/08/02 04:38 PM

Does anyone know if there are still flights from Cancun to Chetumal.

If so, who with and what days, I'm trying to get an idea of the schedule and prices.

Thanks
Ann-Marie
Posted By: mayatravel

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/08/02 04:58 PM

No mas, just by road. But you could fly from Cancun to tikal, if you wanted to see the ruins and then fly from Tikal to Belize.
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/08/02 11:22 PM

$127 USD one way from Chetumal to Cancun. I assume it works both ways.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/09/02 02:13 AM

AeroCaribe used to fly this route, but in checking Travelocity they are saying there are no longer than flights Cancun-Chetumal. Bet Katie keeps up with these things and is right.

--Lan Sluder

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/09/02 04:18 AM

Trust me Lan
There are at least 4 flights a day to Cancun from Chetumal.
Commuter flights.
I don't need Travelocity to do it.
Just show up and say 'I wanna go to Cancun'
in Spanish.
Oh Shit!! I forgot....Lan knows everything.
Sorry

[This message has been edited by Pier Lounge (edited 08-08-2002).]
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/10/02 12:05 AM

Glad to hear there are still flights between Chet and Cancun. I usually take the bus, myself.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: CMNate

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/14/02 11:42 PM

I just got back from Ambergris Caye Tuesday morning. I tried to get a flight from Cancun (at the airport) and was told that they didn't have one anymore.
What airline flys to Chetamul DIRECTLY from Cancun?

Nate
Posted By: munichchick

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/16/02 05:55 PM

Nate! Did you end up taking the bus down? How did that go and how long did it take you?

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/16/02 09:23 PM

My plane landed in Cancun around 7:20 am and I finally arrived in San Pedro around 5:45 pm (6:45 pm Cancun time). The bus ride to Chetumal alone was almost 6 hours (with stops in PDC, Tulum, and Felipe Carrillo) and that doesn't include the transfers and going across the border. Much longer than I thought it would be, but I did get to see the countryside and have a lot of info on travelling that route. On a brighter side the cost of all this was about $45 (which includes a $20 ride from the Cancun airport to the bus terminal). I bought a RT ticket on Maya airlines to San Pedro for $65 US. The last two flights out were at 5 and 5:30.

Nate

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/20/02 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info Nate! I think this route could be enjoyable with an overnight stop in Playa del Carmen both ways.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/20/02 06:48 PM

No flights between Chetumal & Cancun any longer. Trust Katie - she knows what she is talking about.

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/20/02 08:09 PM

Definitely, I have the same route in November. I needed to book it before I went to San Pedro and had no idea if I was going to return. This time I will have more time in Cancun (although I'm contemplating giving up a night there) and San Pedro. The only problem is that my plane leaves from Cancun at 3PM which means I will need to leave San Pedro the day before (resort occupancies dictate that I go to Cancun first). I have tried before (without luck), but I need to look into a one way rental from Chetumal to Cancun. This way I can make it to the Costa Maya and take the scenic coastal route up to Tulum and then on to the airport.

Nate

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/21/02 02:42 AM

When you get to Chetumal airport don't go to the BIG terminal--go to the small one down the way.
They fly to Cancun all day long.
I will be there this weekend and will give you flight info.
Jim
Posted By: KC

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/21/02 04:35 AM

What a classy guy. You guess who I mean.

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/21/02 04:52 AM

KC
I hope that was not directed at me, for your benefit.

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/21/02 04:47 PM

Pier! It would be great if you could post that info and maybe also include the price. We might be using that route on our trip in February if flights are cheaper into Cancun from LAX than into Belize City.

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/21/02 07:19 PM

I could definitely use the flight in November when I return (if the price is right).

Nate

Re: Flights from Cancun to Chetumal - 08/26/02 08:38 PM

Jim,
Were you able to get any flight info from Cancun to Chetumal this weekend? Hopefully you also have an airline or phone number for reservations.
Thanks,

Nate
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board