AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Taiwan to tap Belize for oil

Posted By: AdvantageRealty

Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 02:41 PM

Taiwan to tap Belize for oil
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 04:56 PM

Off shore drilling. Great - works so well with "eco tourism." Geez....why is Belize so insistent to continually shoot itself in the foot?????
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barbara K
Off shore drilling. Great - works so well with "eco tourism." Geez....why is Belize so insistent to continually shoot itself in the foot?????

Because it needs the money!!!
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 09:10 PM

I wonder if Belize needs more money or whether what Belize actually needs is a government that will spend the resources it has on the people rather than lining their own pockets.
Either way - the long term impact here can't be good.

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 09:52 PM

I agree with the Long term not being good for Belize. However, it can not be argued that Belize needs money to handle the growth it is experiencing.

I should not have asumed that the " New Government" is the Government that will spend its resources on the people.

But one can hope.

hmmm? should I feel the same way about this November "Government " ?
Posted By: AdvantageRealty

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/29/08 11:17 PM

Why is it as Belize experiences "Growth" and "Development" it get's progressively poorer and more destitute?

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/30/08 05:48 PM

I'm affraid you will need to take that up with your Government representative! I haven't a clue. I'm still trying to figure out how the U.S. went broke.. Oh wait!! I know.....
Posted By: NJG

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 09/30/08 11:27 PM

Leah-Ann,
You hit the nail on the Head !
It makes no difference what party is in office.
For they ALL line there own pockets.The country as well as San Pedro is need need of better schools, roads, more police, firemen.etc,etc.etc.
But No $$$. They depend on "Gringo" to donate or step up and build a school , etc.
They should think about the COUNTRY FIRST !!
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Taiwan to tap Belize for oil - 10/01/08 12:19 AM

There may be soon.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board