AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye

Posted By: Marty

Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/01/05 07:47 PM

http://www.starmagazine.com/gossip/62286

DICAPRIO BUYS ISLAND

Leonardo DiCaprio has plunked down big money for his very own Caribbean island. He has plans to turn it into a private eco-friendly resort. Blackadore Caye island, off the coast of Belize, is 104 acres. DiCaprio plans to build villas with private pools and terraces.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/01/05 11:51 PM

Oh boy...another new tour wink

A young man with money and an opportunity for job openings for Belizeans on his staff. Lucky group of guys and gals smile
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/02/05 04:01 AM

Hmm, wonder if they need provisioning...
Posted By: Nick Barton

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/06/05 02:42 PM

Where is the island in relation to A.C., the mainland and the reef?
Posted By: Magnum Belize

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/06/05 03:05 PM

To my knowledge and the location on the map it is out the back side of Ambergris Caye and looks to be about half way between the caye and the mainland.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/06/05 03:15 PM

Correct on that one, you can see it from Cayo Espanto.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/06/05 09:50 PM

Just flew over Blackadore, beach is posted, they have someone living there, and it looks like all the plastic trash[there used to be a considerable amount] around the entire island has been cleaned up.
Posted By: sunfish

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/24/05 01:41 PM

Ha...! Waaay to late for that!
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/24/05 11:41 PM

Well, they will all have to come back from the good ole U.S. of A., and other points abroad to accomplish that.
Posted By: sassnfun

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/25/05 01:09 AM

true SP...I have spoke to 5 Belizeans here in the U.S.and when I tell them I am contemplating moving down to Belize the first question is WHY? theres nothing there! we are never going back!...pretty much verbatim from all 5 people...different strokes for different folks I guess...
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/25/05 02:20 AM

The grass is always greener...
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Dicaprio buys Blackadore Caye - 07/26/05 12:38 AM

Inheritance from British Colonialization? or from the Maya?

Belize or the USA, depends on what you are looking for. Half my inlaws (Belizeans) are in the US, chasing (keyword) the American Dream. They live in Inglewood and Oakland. To them, part of the dream. To others, a nightmare.

Growing up poor, watching US cable, makes a lot of folks move up north. A good friend was pulled across the Rio Grande in a tube, couldn't swim to go and make the "big bucks"

On the flip side, how many who have been raised in climate controlled schools and working the 9 to 5 with bill payments equall or above their income wouldn't jump at the chance to live and work on the beach in Belize?

Perspective I guess?

SIN
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board