AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty BATSUB: To Be Continued - 07/12/13 11:02 AM
BHC Ashworth confirmed the British Forces' intent to resume their operations at the level they used to before they downsized.

Here's how he described the timeline.

H.E. Pat Ashworth, British High Commissioner
"I had the great pleasure of accompanying the Prime Minister back in the UK about two weeks ago now, and one of the calls he made was on the Minister of the arm forces in UK. It was very positive about the future of BATSUB and how we hope to build it up again in about eighteen months time when we draw down our forces from Afghanistan. So, it's very probable that we may ask to borrow some of your sometime in the future general but I anticipate that BATSUB in eighteen months to two years will be flying once more again or perhaps I shouldn't say flying, because maybe it makes people think about twenty five flight in the helicopters. So, I really am pleased to do this; we've had an excellent relationship with the BDF, we've done a lot of training; I know that the BATSUB being here in numbers. We have something to look forward to in the future but right here now it really just gives us great pleasure to do this, demonstrating once again, that BATSUB, the British government, the British High Commission does indeed stand shoulder to shoulder with the BDF."

Channel 7

Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: BATSUB: To Be Continued - 07/12/13 02:31 PM
The amount of additional jobs and income for the country will be immense. This is great news.
Posted By: Nick Barton Re: BATSUB: To Be Continued - 07/17/13 09:51 PM
How interesting! Look forward to hearing Jim's take on this too! Good news!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: BATSUB: To Be Continued - 07/18/13 09:02 AM
What is BATSUB ?
Posted By: SimonB Re: BATSUB: To Be Continued - 07/18/13 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDxE71gcAhM
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board