AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Two Indian medical schools delisted in Belize - 02/05/20 11:45 AM

There are reports that two medical schools in Belize are being delisted due to several irregularities including lack of staff and facilities including a proper laboratory. These two schools are Columbus Central University based in Ladyville and Washington University of Health Sciences in San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye. In speaking with the Minister of Education, Patrick Faber, he indicated that he has heard these rumors but no official report has been made.

Hon. Patrick Faber, Minister of Education Youth and Sports: “I’ve heard the same rumors that you have heard. What I’ve heard is that there are concerns because of course students sometimes go back and make complaints, I don’t know. You’ll understand as well that right here in Belize the two schools are rivals , you’ve seen this already where sometimes, as I described to you the last time, there are paid mercenaries who go and work and criticize schools and create the mischief maybe it is that mischief that has gotten it’s way back to maybe as far as the embassy in Mexico then later on to the Indian Government. I don’t know of any kind of illegal practices on the part of any of these two schools, as far as I’m concerned both schools are properly chartered here in Belize and when we are able to check on them they are providing the services that they say they are providing and I don’t know about their delisting in India at all, there certainly has been no kind of official communication coming from the Indian Government to our Ministry or our Government about any such thing.”‘

Geovannie Bracket, a public activist, emailed the Ambassador of India to Mexico for confirmation of these reports. The Ambassador responded that these schools have been delisted by the Medical Council in India. They stated that the reason for delisting these two institutes was due to the universities not meeting the requirements to properly teach medicine. Love News will continue to follow this developing story.

LOVEFM

Columbus Central University and Washington University of Health Sciences insist their recent delisting by the Medical Council of India is not a big thing. In a press release, n а рrеѕѕ rеlеаѕе, thеy state that 'nоrmаl рrосеdurе' іѕ раrt оf thеіr rеgulаr uрdаtіng оf ѕtаtuѕ wіth vаrіоuѕ unnаmеd 'glоbаl оrgаnіzаtіоnѕ' аnd 'аn іntеrnаl mаttеr' thаt іtѕ аdmіnіѕtrаtіоn іѕ dеаlіng wіth.

The Columbus Central University School of Medicine and the Washington University of Health and Science have been delisted by the Medical Council of India. According to the university owners the matter has to do with false reports, such as not having adequate facilities to teach medicine. The media was invited today to take a first-hand look at the university's campus and its facilities. In a question and answer session President Dr. Malik Soudah, stated that they have contacted the Medical Council of India and is confident that the problem will be resolved, and they will be relisted.

Dr.Malik Soudah, Director & Owner: “”Unfortunately when you have successful programs like what we have here in Washington and Columbus University you’re gonna have competition. Now we do welcome fair competition but recently we’ve been exposed to some of the toxic competition, rotten to the core, with it’s paid journalists who in return all they want to do is spread fake news, false accusations and initiating a smear campaign against the two medical schools. Example what happened a month ago some of these false accusations, fake news made its way to one of the agencies outside Belize accusing us of not having classrooms and teachers. So at this moment we are talking to the agency abroad and we’re trying to rectify the problem and it should be solved in the near future as soon as possible. We’ve been in Belize for fifteen years, also we’ve been in the international arena for fifteen years. This is nothing new to us, we’ve been in medical education for almost fifteen years.”

Dr. Malik Soudah noted that the delisting of the university will not impact the students that are enrolled rather only those who wish to apply to the university. There are currently 400 students enrolled at the two universities which are both owned by Dr. Malik Soudah and Peggy Allen. While both universities are under the same ownership they work independently of each other.

LOVEFM

Columbus University School of Medicine hosts media in response to de-listing by Medical Council of India

The joint owners of the Washington University of Health and Science in San Pedro Town and Columbus Central University School of Medicine held a media open day at Columbus University's Ladyville campus on Monday, showing the world that they are fully equipped to teach medicine.

Soudah was optimistic that the school would soon be listed by the Medical Council once again and said that his lawyers were working on the case. Once the Indian council is shown that the schools are properly equipped to teach medicine. He said the Columbus Central University had held a charter to operate in Belize for the past 15 years, and the Washington University of Health and Science was established seven years ago on a separate charter. Both schools are recognized by the Ministry of Education, Soudah affirmed.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board