AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty San Pedro Man Claims Police Brutality - 07/08/20 11:33 AM

There is another report tonight of the police abuse.� A man in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye is claiming that two police officers barged into his house at around eight-thirty on Monday night, beat him with his machete, tried to stab him, and threatened his life. According to Gabriel Zelaya, he was home in the DFC area when the officers entered his residence asking for marijuana. Zelaya told the officers that he has no drugs and that is when the officers used force on him. Zelaya says that doctors have categorized his injuries as harm.

On the Phone: Gabriel Zelaya, Alleges Police Brutality

"They came in here and they wanted to know where I have the weed. I am explaining to them that, which weed. I don't know anything about any weed. They took me in my room and started to beat me up for no reason and told me to tell them where is the weed. I explained to them that I don't have any marijuana. I have a machete in my house that I use to chop yard and� that is when they took the machete and he just flank me across my back. He wanted to know where is the weed. I told them I don't have any weed. The other one just stamped me down to the ground and pulled out his knife and threatened to kill me. The man hold the knife to my throat and said that I would die if I don't tell him where the weed is."

Hipolito Novelo

"Did they find anything in your house?"

On the Phone: Gabriel Zelaya

"Yes, I had a file that I use to sharpen my machete and he took the file and fire juke after me, trying to juke me in my ribs."

Hipolito Novelo

"You mean stab you?

"Yes, he tried to stab me couple times in my ribs but I used my arms to shield my ribs that is when I was lying on the ground. That is how comes he never caught me on my ribs. He just caught my hands over and over."

Hipolito Novelo

"Did they find weed in your house or on you?"

"None. None at all because I have no weed. I don't deal with weed."

Hipolito Novelo

"I would imagine they have a reason to go to your house? Are you a weed smoker? Do you sell weed?"

"Yes I do smoke my weed but I don't sell weed. I am not a weed seller."

Channel 5

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board