Amendment of regulation 17.

Amendment of regulation 20.

Commencement.

HON. PABLO MARIN

Minister of Health

(Minister responsible for quarantine)

Printed in Belize by the Government Printer

#1 Power Lane, Belmopan, Belize, C.A.

Click the link below to access a PDF copy of the above Statutory Instrument No. 149 of 2020, effective October 19, 2020.

https://bit.ly/34cPbmB

New SI Expands Social Groups To 20

New quarantine regulations took effect at midnight last night. They bode well for hotels, restaurants, and even give a little wiggle room on social gatherings.

But if you're ready and rearing to get back on the basketball court you might find yourself riding the pine, benched by the long arm of the law.

That's just what happened in Belmopan over the weekend, here's how the commissioner described it.

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police

"The S.I. did come into effect at midnight last night and it does have a number of changes, not really much, but particularly the issue as it relates to restaurants now being allowed to host patrons based on square footage of the restaurant. I think that is the most significant aspect of it that will affect policing so the officers have been briefed in terms of the new S.I. and since you asked about that, may I say that we continue to receive information about a number of establishments that are open and should be closed; and persons engaging in activities that are prohibited by the regulations, for example, in Belmopan. Over the weekend we arrested a number of persons for playing basketball; in Belize City at the M.C.C. we arrested a number of persons for playing football. These are activities that are prohibited by the S.I. and again I want to appeal to the Belizean people to comply with the requirements of the regulation to ensure that we try our utmost best to contain the spread of COVID-19 in our country."

Channel 7
The latest statutory instrument, SI No. 149 is to be read in conjunction with SI No. 136, the Quarantine (Prevention of the Spread of Infectious Disease) (COVID 19) Regulations, 2020. See the infographics below for a breakdown of the latest changes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board