AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BIKINI BAR OPENS!!

Posted By: Buyers Advantage

BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/07/09 07:07 PM

Despite the downpours, the long awaited opening of the most artistic watering hole in Ambergris Caye, BIKINI BAR was held. All day, the word of the opening was spreading like wild fire all over town and attracted a party crowd eager to take on the FREE BEERS! Only 20 steps from the Central Park, the BIKINI BAR is nestled at the Big Daddy's beachfront and offers something different to party goers. Bikini wearing barmaids serve up the best in concoctions and cold beers! Open from 1pm to 10pm!Find pictures at www.ambergrisproperty.blogspot.com
Posted By: seashell

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/08/09 02:46 AM

Congratulations on the new opening. Different name (better), some added outdoor features(love the swings) . . .does it have bathrooms yet?
Posted By: elbert

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/08/09 03:11 PM

Where are the girls in Bikinis?
Posted By: Marty

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/08/09 03:50 PM

awesome pics and story thanks!!!!
Posted By: Three_Palms

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/08/09 09:58 PM

bikinis???

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/08/09 10:39 PM

lavatories? bathrooms? toilets? a place to wash one's hands?
Posted By: captjeff

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 07:35 PM

WOW ...LOOKS LIKE CANCUN OR PLAYA .BOY THINK I SHOULD HAVE FOUND THIS PLACE TWENTY YERS AGO ..WELL I GUESS THIS IS THE WAY OF THE WORLD NOW?????????? GOT TO LIVE WITH IT..
Posted By: catdance62

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 08:52 PM

yeah, I was wondering where the bikinis were too
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 09:07 PM

Newest and prettiest bar? Huh? I am definitely missing it.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 10:17 PM

It used to be called PimpDaddy's. It was painted peptobizmol pink and the signage really left something to be desired. There were no bathrooms.

Now it has some more patron counterspace and swings. I always thought the actual location was OK. But hey! Does it have any bathrooms yet?

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 10:30 PM

Can a person have a license for a bar with out a toilet???
Surely it must have a toilet.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 11:07 PM

Well, Pimp Daddy's was a bar that was selling booze and had a grand opening, the whole nine yards last Xmas season (or was it November?) whatever, it was open last Xmas season. But it had no toilets.

And frankly, I can't recall if the Cuban place that was in that spot before, had a toilet either.

So, now the question is . . .does the Bikini Bar have a toilet or two?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 11:09 PM

Go there and find out...

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 11:45 PM

Plan to, just wondering how much I can drink there before I need to find out for sure.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/09/09 11:57 PM

Then you can post the answer on here...

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 12:03 AM

One would hope the place gets some patrons passing by before I get there . . .but if it doesn't, then yes, I will post the answer here.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 12:05 AM

Next year?

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 12:06 AM

why wait?
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 03:27 AM

This sounds like one of SS's travel mantras: Never miss an opportunity to use a toilet! LOL

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 04:24 AM

:^)
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 12:48 PM

Ladies room, 1st palm tree on the right.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 02:42 PM

Don't forget to wear your bikini!
and call me for a heads up on the photo op.
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/10/09 02:50 PM

similar story,,

there was a bar here out at the end of a pier with no toilet. the guys would just dangle it off the edge. the girls had to travel to the beach to an outhouse. and they complained.
the bar owners then put a bench on the edge so the girls could sit and go out at the bar. no good they said,, no privacy.
so the owner set out some paper bags near the bench they could put over their heads so no one could see who they were, privacy.
i only saw it used once.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 06:07 PM

I like more options for more drinkin spots! Yeah for thems!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 07:02 PM

TQ drinks????? whodathunk shocked
Posted By: TrueLover

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 08:48 PM

The Bikini Bar.

Designed by Linda Mikulich, owner of Dock Street Gallery, Remodeled by myself ' Jonathan Mullen ...phone... ( OPE-NING). All the artistic painting was by Linda. *No we're not dating* I would recommend her any time. As good as any Art Director, Production Designer, or Interior Designer I've ever worked with in 35 years doing high end projects. That's saying a lot. She's a perfectionist, driven, and makes very good calls. Best use of color I've seen in a long time too. Much of the great detail needs to be seen on site.

Yes, bathrooms and an extra sink.

Yes, newest beach bar. and in my humble opinion the best attempt at a "beach bar concept" so far but I also happen to know what else will be added still including plenty of beach games and a nicer beach to swim in too. I'm very proud of our efforts thus far. Just to be fair let me say I like the Sand Bar also. Just different. They are also discouraging much of the old activities common to this next door to the church location which is a good thing. Will make the area more fun and a whole lot safer adjacent to the Central Park.

Owner is Thom Talyor who also owns ambergris Properties where Seaside used to be. He basically told Linda to run with it and I think it proved to be wise.

Yes the girls wear bikinis with little skirts or sarong type bottoms over.

And last but not least they have Red Fanta so I am happy. laugh

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 09:35 PM

Yay! Could be a "swinging" place. :^)

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 09:35 PM

Oh ...... Caribbean Villa's bar is cute and cozy too. smile And jeff, There's no food at The Bikini Bar but you can get delivery from next doors Jumble Jerk or anywhere else. Heh heh!!!

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 09:38 PM

There's a monkey on the south bar panel that thinks so. And hey! It's wearing a bikini. <3
Posted By: Intrepid

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 09:43 PM

Heeelllooo?! Bikini Bar has a full bathroom, urinal stall and 2 fully functioning sinks. Yeah!!! Hope that cleared it up for you.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 09:44 PM

Well, I just meant that it has swings, and if they are comfy, I could see myself hanging out on them for a while. Too bad they don't face towards the ocean! Well, hmm, I guess I could turn my back to the counter. Oh well, if it is comfy, and if I like the service, then I will probably hang out there a bit. After all, I hung out a bit at that spot when it was the Cuban place and I hung out there a little bit when it was PimpDaddy's (even though I hated it). :^)

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 10:18 PM

Dare I hope that the full bathroom isn't unisex? Hey, not complaining just making an enquiry. After all, just got back from other side of the world. And over there lots of times the facilities were unisex . . .and sometimes just a hole in the floor, so yeah . . I'm just askin'. :^)

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 10:25 PM

Its multi-sex...

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 10:26 PM

Just for the record, the bathrooms were added by the landlord as a part of the lease agreement but there are plans to actually do improvements on the looks and so on.

I'm wondering if this will be the year we have open bathrooms in the park? Seems to me they have access to the sewer line and if they charge 50 cents bz. per entry, 1.00 with paper, it would more than pay for itself.

But lets not get too fancy less we be compared to Cancun. Fondly we remember the days when a person just squat down in the surf on the beach in Playa Del Carmen. And bars had real interiors like t-shirts, panties, and "Dave was here" on the walls and the young / Minors local girls were cheap. Pffffft!!!!!

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 10:34 PM

Hey, jesse, whatever floats yer boat.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 10:57 PM

Yer boat- not mine

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 11:03 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-neutral_toilet

http://askville.amazon.com/unisex-bathrooms/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7905543

Multi-sex is your boat, jesse.

My comment is about "unisex" facilities.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 11:07 PM

If there's no lock on the door then its multi-sex...
Wheres that wonderful sense of humour?

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/11/09 11:13 PM

Where's yours? You were the one I was teasing about mult-sex floating your boat. You didn't think that was funny.

We just don't get each others sense of humor, I guess.

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/12/09 12:32 AM

Hey you two. Don't make me give out humor lessons. I tried unisex once but kept falling down. Couldn't even make it across the road where all the sexy chickens were. Not really sure why they went over there in the first place. .... Anyone know? ..... Jessie?

Sooooo, perhaps the most important question of all ... Where were the Bikini's.

Well if you see the original post, you will notice that the "Ope-ning" was a success DESPIGHT I might add and in fact did, the stormy / rainy weather.

Lets just say it was mighty perky that day. My respect for the girls working under those conditions with little to protect them but those sheer net .... um .... windbreakers? runs deep. How deep? Well you'll just have to ..... oh, nevermind. That's enough out of me!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/12/09 03:43 AM

RIGHT !
Posted By: azbob

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/18/09 12:15 AM

Ernie you have been sitting here for 6 days waiting for the BIKINI'S!!! shocked

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/18/09 10:54 PM

Bikini Bar has its own website.... check it out!

www.bikinibarbelize.com

Re: BIKINI BAR OPENS!! - 11/30/09 07:59 PM

Stop for a drink at the Bikini Bar, lounge in one of our beach chairs or swings and get access to FREE Internet! Only for bar customers only! Happy Hour twice in one day! From 5:30pm to 6:30pm and 9:30 to 10:30pm on local drinks and 2 for 1! The Belizean Beach Bash at Bikini Bar Awaits!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board