AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Banh Mi Belize Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/03/10 12:06 AM
Banh Mi Belize has found its home at Lola's Pub (located on Barrier Reef Drive, in front of Belize Bank). Cori Sterrenberg has brought to the island her love of Vietnamese cuisine. While preparing the menu patrons at Lola's kept inquiring about the Thai restaurant opening up and this brought on the addition of Thai to Banh Mi Belize. From delicious soups, including Coconut Chicken Soup or Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimp & Fish, Banh Mi or Vietnamese Tacos, Salad Rolls, Ginger Shrimp, Banh Mi Subs, Vietnamese grilled pork with rice vermicelli (Bun Thit Nuong, Thai Curry and much more, there is sure to be a dish available that you will enjoy.

Closed on Sundays, Banh Mi Belize @ Lola's Pub is open from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Call 624-5218
Posted By: JZB Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/03/10 03:29 PM
Not open for lunch?
Posted By: Banh Mi Belize Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/03/10 05:45 PM
Our full menu is available as early as 11:30 a.m. However, Lola's Pub does not open until 1:00 p.m. You can give us a call at 624-5218 to place your order and we will gladly deliver during the times that the Pub is closed.
Posted By: dogdoc Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/03/10 09:12 PM
I'd love to see a list of more of the menu, thanks
Posted By: Banh Mi Belize Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/04/10 03:38 AM
These are some of the menu items and they will change as we go perfecting the dishes and also based on what our patrons want.

*Vietnamese Tacos - Choice of fish or shrimp perfectly seasoned with a blend of hoisin, ginger and garlic over lettuce and fresh corn tortilla, served with pickled carrots and cucumber.
*Salad Rolls - Rice vermicelli noodles with shrimp, shredded lettuce, pickled carrot and fresh mint or basil wrapped in a thin rice paper and served with a hoisin dipping sauce.
*Vietnamese Spring Rolls - Deep fried Vietnamese spring rolls stuffed with ground pork and shrimp served with a lettuce leaf (for wrapping) and traditional dipping sauce, nuoc cham.
*Chicken Satay (2) - These delicious Thai-style chicken satay are made of chicken marinated in a peanut sauce, and then grilled
*Banh Mi Vietnamese Subs -Your choice of satay chicken, beef, fish or shrimp combined with freshly chopped cilantro, tangy pickled carrots, sliced fresh cucumber, jalapenos for kick in a fresh toasted baguette. (*this dish contains peanuts)
*Vietnamese Charbroiled Pork with rice vermicelli (Bun Thit Nuong) - Rice vermicelli noodle salad with char-grilled meat, bean sprouts, lettuce, mint, and rice vermicelli salad served with our specialty nuoc cham sauce.
*Thai Curry - A creamy coconut Thai curry in a spicy blend of traditional Thai spices including chillies, peppers, vegetables, garlic, ginger. Available in either a red or green curry with your choice of chicken, fish or shrimp.
*Thai Garlic Shrimp - Salty-sweet, garlicky, and a little spicy, sumptuous shrimp are stir-fried in a tangy Thai garlic sauce and served over coconut cilantro white rice.
*Banana Spring Rolls - Bananas rolled in spring roll pastry and deep fried. Served with a coconut ice-cream rum shot.
Posted By: dogdoc Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/04/10 04:14 PM
Thanks, sounds wonderful, I have been wishing SP had Vietnamese food and now we do!
Posted By: captjeff Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/04/10 05:18 PM
WOW you have my interest ..sounds YUMMY ..
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 02:54 AM
So I just finished a REALLY great dinner (I was in town and in the mood for take out) from Banh Mi Belize. Highlights being the fish soup (fantastic) and chicken banh mi sandwiches (the latter featuring some pretty darn delicious pickled carrots.) Great job Cori!!! An awesome addition to Lola's (making Anna's great little hang out bar even better.)
Posted By: Rachael Eteson Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 08:14 PM
Massive thumbs up on the chicken banh mi sandwich, really delicious and really great value. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu!
Posted By: Renee-md Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 08:58 PM
where is Lola's bar located?
Posted By: P.J. Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 09:10 PM
On front street right in front of Belize Bank. Great little pub. Havent tried the food yet, but its only a matter of time and I am sure its as good as everyone says it is.
Posted By: Renee-md Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 09:19 PM
Thanks, PJ We will be down for two weeks starting Feb 26th. My husband and I love Vietnamese food so we will be sure to try it.
Posted By: dogdoc Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/07/10 09:45 PM
Can you post any future lunch specials here if you have them again? Missed the one with the sandwich which sounded great.
Posted By: Banh Mi Belize Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/10/10 11:13 PM
The Banh Mi Vietnamese Subs are a regular part of our menu.

[Linked Image]

So stop by and enjoy it whenever you are ready. Lola's and Banh Mi are now open at 12:00 noon.

Special for tonight is Gado-Gado, mixed vegetables, spinach, cabbage, bell peppers, shredded carrots, mixed with hard boiled egg and potato chunks, drizzled with a peanut sauce and served over coconut white rice. Call 624-5218 for delivery.
Originally Posted by dogdoc
Can you post any future lunch specials here if you have them again? Missed the one with the sandwich which sounded great.

Please post in th 'Food' forum
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/11/10 12:03 AM
Had a yummy lunch at Lola's today - a nice addition to the Island!!!
Posted By: Banh Mi Belize Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/11/10 04:41 PM
Thank you very much. Am glad you enjoyed your meal. See you again next time.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Banh Mi Belize now at Lola's Pub - 12/17/10 02:15 AM
Banh Mi Belize does regular updates and food pics on their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Banh-Mi-Belize/158494354188234
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board