AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bleisa Maldives? - 03/26/04 12:16 AM
Has anyone been to the Maldives islands? We've been to Ambergris countless times and wonder how it compares to Maldives as far as infrastructure and other various topics. Leisa
Posted By: klcman Re: Maldives? - 03/26/04 12:34 AM
Most of the Norte Americanos will not even know where they are, just like they have no clue where BZ is.......
Posted By: Gela Re: Maldives? - 03/26/04 12:55 AM
I have not been there, but have seen pictures of the most beautiful islands and beaches. I even researched getting there, but it involved flying to London, then India. My conclusion was to stick to this hemisphere and explore more of Central America!
Posted By: Phil Re: Maldives? - 03/26/04 04:27 PM
The closest comparison with AC would be Cayo Espanto. The Maldives is made up of seven atolls in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Each resort is on one of these many small islands within the Atolls. These islands are typically a couple of acres or so max, and the whole island is the resort. Water Sports and lying on the beach are the order of the day. Little else to do with early to bed and early to rise the usual. Diving and snorkeling are out of this world. Amazing place.
Posted By: klcman Re: Maldives? - 03/28/04 10:59 PM
Actually, there are 1,190 coral islands, forming an archipelago of 26 major atolls. Stretches 820 kilometers north to south and 120 kilometres east to west. 202 are inhabited, 87 are exclusive resort islands.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board