AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sandb Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/06/04 01:38 PM
Good fares / reasonable time frame...
http://www.usairways.com/pro/esavers/carib_6aug
Posted By: streetchie Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/06/04 02:27 PM
Book it quick. I just checked with US Air and they expect to be sold out in a day or so.
Posted By: SlimJim Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/07/04 02:17 PM
Continental Airlines put Belize on sale yesterday with travel dates extending into (at least) October.
I just booked mine.
http://www.continental.com/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/07/04 05:05 PM
I called Taca at their 800 number last night and got better rates than anywhere on the web
Posted By: sandb Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/08/04 02:20 AM
Originally posted by SlimJim:
Continental Airlines put Belize on sale yesterday with travel dates extending into (at least) October.
I just booked mine.
http://www.continental.com/
I can find nothing extaordinary @ CO...help?

Fare basis?

x where?

Routings?

Rules?
Posted By: sandb Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/08/04 02:21 AM
Originally posted by lawcucui:
I called Taca at their 800 number last night and got better rates than anywhere on the web
How about sharing the details?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/08/04 04:40 AM
TACA flies just about everywhere in central America - Their # is 800 400 8222. When I asked for rates from LAX to Belize City I got an initial quote lower than their internet price and lower than priceline, yahoo or expedia. When I asked if that was the best rate I could get the salses quoted a lower rate if I'd purchase "right now." We got two tickets for less than $1000. I don't know if rates are better from other parts of the country but that was better than anything I could get anywhere else. Hope that helps. Anyone gonna be on AC early September??
Posted By: SlimJim Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/08/04 05:55 AM
With sale fares from San Francisco, I opted for the frequent flyer miles I could earn flying Continental (actually Delta SkyMiles as their partner).

Fare sales depend upon upon the market that you are flying from. As lawcucui suggests, it is best to check the internet and call the airlines for any un-published fares.
Posted By: KWIBMF Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/09/04 08:21 PM
I've flown TACA several times with no problems. Cant say the same about Continental.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/10/04 07:51 AM
Thanks KWIBMF! I have never (and I am NOT exaggerating)checked luggage with a domestice airline without it getting lost. Generally now I make it all fit into a carryon. I was starting to get nervous about TACA as this will be our first flight with them. It was good to hear someone's had good experiences.
Posted By: RMT Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/10/04 06:37 PM
Just saw a special in today's NY paper, here are the details if anyone is interested:

When: depart through Dec. 8th What it is: Seven nights at Banana Beach resort and round trip air for $929.00 per person.
Info: taratours.com

Offer is good through November, supply limited.Must depart on a Tues/Wed/or Thursday. Taxes extra.
Posted By: kcbc Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/11/04 12:12 AM
Before Taca pulled out of Miami we had close to fifty trips with them and never had a lost piece of luggage. Wish they would come back and give AA some comptetion.
Posted By: SlimJim Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/12/04 04:43 AM
Upon further review I have removed references to TACA from my 08-07-2004 post. I really like their schedule out of Houston and will most probably fly them next time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/12/04 07:28 AM
TACA is partners w/ American so you can get frequent flyer miles with them. SlimJim, gotta say thanks for the acronym! Have shared it with friends and it got lots of laughs! laugh
Posted By: BrianH Re: Cheapest airfares in a long time... - 08/12/04 06:13 PM
This past spring I booked a flight from Chicago to Roatan via Houston, with the Chicago-Houston leg on American and the Houston-Roatan leg on TACA. I booked the trip through American's website. I was able to check in for the TACA flight at the American counter and vice-versa. I assumed I would get FF miles for the TACA portion, but didn't. When I asked about it, I was told I didn't get credit because the TACA portion of the fare was not "published". Huh?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board