AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Boat ride from Belize City to AC?

Posted By: fx1rider

Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 08:10 PM

Our flight arrives too late to take a water taxi, i think we get into Belize City at 2:40 and the last water taxi leaves at 3:00.

Does anyone know someone i can email to possibly get a charter over to AC after 3:00? Neither of us like those small plane rides, my best friend had a real bad time of it in Costa Rica.

Thanks,
Kim
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 08:33 PM

A charter will cost about $350 one way minimum.
Posted By: fx1rider

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 08:43 PM

yikes, so does that mean our only choice is to take the small plane ride?
Posted By: seashell

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 08:43 PM

Whereas, if your friend is really that afraid, it would be far less expensive to get a room in Belize City for the night and take the water taxi the next day.
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 09:03 PM

What exactly was the 'experience' in Costa Rica?

Maybe it is something she can research to try and get over her fear. As far as I know, Maya and Tropic have excellent records compared to the number of flights they do.

Maybe she/you could take Xanex? It works...
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 10:14 PM

Sometimes there is a later boat at 4 or 4:30 (if they have enough people, usually not in slow season) Anyone local know if it is running? Thunderbolt at 4, CC at 4:30 (may be weekends only) Otherwise, yeah - flights until 5:30 or spend the night and boat the next day.
Posted By: earthbound

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/09/04 11:49 PM

Hello,

I'll be traveling to AC in November and the hotel where I'm staying said there was a scheduled 5:00pm water taxi option from Belize City.....
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Boat ride from Belize City to AC? - 09/10/04 01:52 AM

The last boat for San Pedro leaves from the Marine Terminal in Belize City at 4:30 p.m. There may be other optoins like Triple J or Thunderbolt, but I don't have their schedules.
--Lee
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board