AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya

Posted By: ktny333

Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/13/05 05:57 PM

I'm staying at the Palms - my first trip to Belize! I know it's a walking distance from the airstrip. This's a stupid question, but I'm a little confused. Do Tropic & Maya use the same airstrip? From looking at the map, it seems like Tropic air is closer to the Palms...oh, maybe that's where the office is located?!
I'm thinking to use Maya since their prices are cheaper, but if it's more convenience to use Tropic then I'll go w/ Tropic. confused
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/13/05 05:59 PM

Same airstrip. Yep, probably meaning the offices which around... what?... 50 yards or less from one another?
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/13/05 06:08 PM

The Tropic "terminal" is much closer to the Palms than Maya. The Maya terminus is on the west side of the strip and you will walk around the end of the tarmac and then south past the Tropic counter on your way to the Palms. Still not all that far, but the few dollars difference in the flight fares just has never been worth the fiddling around to me.
Posted By: suzanne0918

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/13/05 06:11 PM

ktny333...We are staying at the Palm's later this year...let me know how you liked it. Saw them last year when we stayed at Ramon's and liked the condo idea...you will have a blast!! Don't miss the BBQ at BC's on Sunday!
Posted By: Scott

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/14/05 12:34 AM

ktny... Glad you decided on The Palms, I think you will love it! If you like they will stock your fridge with beer and wine and some basics before you arrive. For wonderful food try Blue Water Grill and Casa Picasso... For fun we enjoyed Fido's and Crazy Canuck's. For a laid back lunch get a burger at Canibals. For romance we liked Capricorn and breakfast on our veranda at The Palms. If you dive, do the Lighthouse trip, it's awesome. Let us know how you enjoyed AC with a trip report when you get back!
Posted By: ktny333

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/14/05 05:11 AM

Thank y'all for your advice & tips.

We'll be in AC only 4 nights from Tues - Sat (we'll be in San Ignacio before that). Guess no BBQ at BC's for us frown . Where's Canibals & Fido's? Will I be able to get the map once I get to San Pedro?

I'll definitely let you know about my trip & the Palms when I get back. I can't wait, it's less than a mth away..
Posted By: klcman

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/14/05 05:28 AM

to find both those places, put your right foot in the water and walk...easy as pie.
Posted By: njmichael

Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya - 04/14/05 04:56 PM

Originally posted by ktny333:
Thank y'all for your advice & tips.

We'll be in AC only 4 nights from Tues - Sat (we'll be in San Ignacio before that). Guess no BBQ at BC's for us frown . Where's Canibals & Fido's? Will I be able to get the map once I get to San Pedro?
Click this link and scroll down to the 'Heart of Town' map: //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board