Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/01/05 09:58 PM

Where does Delta fly through?
Posted By: casa de amor

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/01/05 10:00 PM

that seems really cheap
Posted By: Babakay

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/01/05 10:19 PM

It appears Delta does not fly everyday so I think it would be difficult to find the space. I hope someone out there can find the space and book the rate.
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/01/05 10:51 PM

Boy I wish they had flights that cheap coming out of LA!
Posted By: spl

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/01/05 11:48 PM

no that sounds correct, chicago has specials a few times a yr under $300 to BZE
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 02:24 AM

Probably need to add taxes to that amount. Usually about $75-95 per ticket.
Posted By: sandb

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 03:23 AM

Midway/Atlanta/Belize...about $385 all in...limited availability.
Posted By: aylee

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 03:56 AM

I wish I could get those great rates from here! And I already have two options (from NY or from Boston). Anyone know where I can get a great rate?
Posted By: BelizeItPlease

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 05:18 AM

That is correct, I bought my ticket today, $361/apiece from ORD including all taxes/fees/etc. My husband and I will be down Feb 3rd - already counting the days!
Posted By: cakelee

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 03:55 PM

Please keep posting any travel deals from the Midwest! However, the cheapest fare I found today from ORD to BZE on Delta was $544. Please let me know if I have to do something special to get this fare.
Posted By: scuba_sue

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 07:10 PM

...but being on Ambergris Caye - priceless.
Posted By: bennyboy96

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 09:52 PM

For anyone in So Cal! Last week flights from San Diego to Belize in April averaged about$725. This week, American lowerwed their prices by more than $200! The dates I used are 4/18-4/24 from San Diego and it came to $387 + 90 taxes = $477! I can't believe it! I paid $550 last year before gas prices went up and I thought it'd never be that low again! It's also that low from Orange County, but LAX is about $550. I checked costs from the east coast and they used to be cheaper than from San Diego, but those prices did not drop.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 10:28 PM

ahhh man. I wish I had known that last week. =/

I already bought our plane tickets. Out the door we paid $586 per person out of Los Angeles. I wish I had known OC airport was that cheap since I live throwing distance from it frown

I didn't even both to check OC airport since its normally more expensive than LA.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/02/05 10:32 PM

actually I just went and looked at the costs, and they are really cheap [$350-ish-] but the layovers are ridiculous! 13, 14 and 17 hour layovers! eek

I would gladly pay the extra money that we did for a 50 min layover each way. I hate layovers!
Posted By: sandb

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/03/05 12:37 AM

Originally posted by cakelee:
Please keep posting any travel deals from the Midwest! However, the cheapest fare I found today from ORD to BZE on Delta was $544. Please let me know if I have to do something special to get this fare.
Nothing special. You could always drive to Madison and get an AA flight for $410 all in...and great flights going...direct to Dallas and then to Belize. Unfortunately you would be routed through Miami on the way back.
Posted By: deacon+

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/03/05 01:25 AM

Priceline.com Has a name your own price deal. I checked it out and round trip from San Diego with a stop in Texas is 112.00. I think that this might be something for all to look into.
Posted By: BelizeItPlease

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/03/05 08:37 PM

Mine doesn't have the super-long layovers, 1.5 hours on the way down and 2 hours on the way back - connections in Atlanta. I agree, some "deals" aren't deals at all. I agree that aa.com had some great deals out of MKE, only $410.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/04/05 12:37 AM

SD and OC to BZE on AA had some long layovers, but there were also ones with 1-2 hour layovers for under $500.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/04/05 10:22 PM

Yeah I got mine on Continental from LA for $430 or something like that, with a 50 minute layover to belize & a 1 hour lay over coming home. Not too bad. The tax made it come to about $550 which was a pain, but oh well. Its already done & paid for. Once less thing to worry about this month.

I liked getting the flight booked because that really meant it was all 100% set in stone laugh shocked
Posted By: DLM2000

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/05/05 03:27 AM

OMG!!! You won't believe what I paid to fly ORD to Belize, - Continental through Houston (40 min layover) 12/17 return on 12/26.....I'm going to be ill.....$746 big ones. Someone just shoot me now, please.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/07/05 07:59 PM

eek

Well I dont feel so bad now frown

That's outrageous. But hey, what's done is done. That's why once I buy my tickets, I never go back to check rates!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/07/05 10:55 PM

actually, considering prime holiday season, I'm not shocked at all.

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/09/05 05:47 PM

Continental just lowered their prices on flights from So Cal to compete with American. They're all around the $500-$540 range which is down from $700-750.
Posted By: cakelee

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/11/05 04:52 PM

I was just notified via Travelocity fare watcher that Indy to BZE was lowered to around $395 on both Delta and AA ($496 including taxes).
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/11/05 06:40 PM

Oakland to Belize on Continental $498.12 / Short lay over to Houston. That is CHEAP!
I paid $698.00 for the same flight when I bought our tickets in July. We will be on AC in 2 days! Staying at the Belize Yacht Club. I sure hope to meet some of you from this message board. Everyone has been so helpful.
Thanks for all the suggestions,
Pam
Posted By: sandsun2u

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/11/05 06:57 PM

I know most people don't want to take chances on connections and dates when traveling, but has anyone tried just using the "bid" on a fare that PRICELINE has? I would be curious as to how much cheaper that might be? I am thinking of maybe going down in Feb or March.. but still not sure of the seasons.. When is the dry season start? geez.. I should remember cuz I lived there for 6 months. .haha. but I don't
Posted By: aylee

Re: Low Airfare from Delta - 11/11/05 07:10 PM

I haven't tried priceline, but I used hotwire (which works quite the same) and a lot of the time, I find same or even better prices on other online travel agencies... without the suspense of when i'll be leaving and arriving! See my post under General Chat, title: searching for good airfares.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board