AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Water Taxis

Posted By: Henry Flo

Water Taxis - 01/05/06 07:49 PM

Hi guys...my new bride and I are coming in on Saturday and staying for a week. We're interested in taking a water taxi out to San Pedro instead of a plane, and preferably one back to the mainland the next Saturday as well. So my question is this:

How late in the day do the taxis run, and how early do they start (and do they run on weekends)? I can't seem to find a comprehensive schedule online.

Thanks,
Henry Flo
Posted By: michellewilliams

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 07:52 PM

If you do a search at the top of this page, you will find the schedule.

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 08:05 PM

thanks. If our flight lands in Belize at 1:46 on Saturday, would we still have time to catch a water taxi?

Henry Flo
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 08:34 PM

I would imagine so. that's right in the middle of the day.

Why arn't you taking the plane? You're opting for an hour and a half boat ride, over a 15 minute flight?
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 08:36 PM

//ambergriscaye.com/download/ferryschedule.html

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 09:05 PM

Because my fiancee' wants to take the boat! Seriously, I don't care one way or the other. The only other trip I made to San Pedro, I took the plane both ways, so I'm cool for taking the boat this time. I just need to know how long it would take me to get from the international airport to the marina if we are supposed to land at 1:45 PM on Saturday, and would a boat be running when we get there.

Henry

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 09:10 PM

Thanks for sending me that schedule. I still can't tell on Saturday - it mentions something about "only on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays". Is that just talking about the 5:30 boat?

Henry
Posted By: Kristykins

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Henry Flo:
Because my fiancee' wants to take the boat! Seriously, I don't care one way or the other.
Henry
Gotcha wink

Gotta do what the woman wants!
Posted By: Dan Carey

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 09:59 PM

HF,
you'll have plenty of time to get through customs and make the 3:00 water taxi. Just ask your driver to get you to the Marine Terminal.

Dan

Re: Water Taxis - 01/05/06 11:01 PM

You rock, guys, thanks for all the quick answers. Don't know if I'll be back online before we head out, so THANKS!

Henry Flo
Posted By: lacysbeach

Re: Water Taxis - 01/06/06 08:44 AM

Henry, There is a ferry that takes you at scheduled times to San Pedro, as well as water TAXIS for hire. Just FYI...
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board