AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Cheap Airfare from Houston

Posted By: ibirie

Cheap Airfare from Houston - 07/31/06 01:35 PM

Just a heads up. Just booked R/T airfare from Houston to BZE on TACA for next March 9-18 for $262 per person through American Express Travel online. When you are picking the flights the rate quoted is about $480 but after you pick the flights it says "Good News! a cheaper fare has ben found". and it then shows the $262 fare. Don't know how long it will last.
Posted By: sandb

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 07/31/06 05:54 PM

Good information, great price.
Thanks.
Posted By: spots101x

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/01/06 08:41 PM

ibirie - what's your secret...I couldn't get the date feature on AmEx Travel to go past December of this year and I'm dying to get reservations from DFW to BZE next Feb. and am even willing to travel to HO for a price like that! Do tell.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/01/06 09:41 PM

I just went to americanexpress.com and logged in to my account. Then I clicked on the "travel" tab at the top of the screen. It then lets you pick dates through next year (at least March anyway). At first it will say the rate is $403. Go ahead and pick the flights and after the page where you have the option to pick a hotel it will give you the better rate. I just tried it and it is still comming up $262.50 + $10 fee. Seems to be a standard rate for now as I typed in several dates departing on different days of the week and the same rate came up. Good Luck

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/01/06 09:43 PM

P.S. make sure you are using IAH as the Houston airport code.
Posted By: sandb

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/01/06 11:22 PM

Still there. ($272.50 all in)
Posted By: Littleengine

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/02/06 01:25 AM

God... what I wouldn't give for a rate like that (even double) from Canada. frown
Posted By: lacysisland

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/02/06 08:19 AM

What do you mean lit'l eng? That rate is less than we paid in July to get booking a year ahead!!
Posted By: benja123

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 02:41 AM

It's up to 550pp now if you include all taxes and fees. Even so, not bad for a non stop flight...we paid 400pp with all taxes for our Oct tickets with AA but we have to fly from IAH to DFW and then to Belize. Counting the days and this board has been a great help-thanks to all who participate!
Posted By: brianm

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 03:09 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I booked a trip March 9-18th total cost for two was $545.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 11:59 AM

Just looked and it is still at $545 for two for pretty much any dates I put in.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 12:02 PM

Hey brianm, Do you know where you are staying yet? We will be at Corona del Mar. So far there are 9 of us confirmed and if this cheap airfare holds on I imagine our group will grow by a few.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 12:03 PM

I'm always amazed that you poor souls who live near IAH/DFW must pay virtually the same prices as those of us who traverse through there and live 2000 miles away.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 02:36 PM

Originally posted by ibirie:
Hey brianm, Do you know where you are staying yet? We will be at Corona del Mar. So far there are 9 of us confirmed and if this cheap airfare holds on I imagine our group will grow by a few.
Don't know yet. Last trip we stayed at the Blue Tang and were very happy although I think we are going to try and stay someplace less expensive this time. May also do part of our trip on Caulker.

The one thing I am just slightly worried about is that this Taca flight gets in at 4:45p and last flight to San Pedro leaves at 5:40p. That seems like it might be a little tight to get through customs and then recheck bags. Although last time we had 1:15 minutes and didn't have a problem. I do not want to spend the night in Belize City.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 03:13 PM

We were on the flight arriving at 4:45p the last time we went (2003) and we had plenty of time to clear customs, get checked in and have several Belikins at Jet's bar before our Tropic Air flight left.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 03:47 PM

Not to worry- they'll get you outta BZE onto the island. Several years ago, I came in on the last flight and the planes to SP & CC were all full. Being the perfect gentleman that I am laugh , I let others go. Tropic sent another plane back for me. Solo!

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 06:15 PM

ibirie, you are right! I must have had a hard day yesterday and didnt notice the 545 price was for 2 people. Thanks for the correction....now I need to convince my partner to book another trip before we take the first one!!

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 06:54 PM

Too late - over $500 pp now for those March dates.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 06:57 PM

klcman, I booked march 24-april 1st at the $545 for 2 about 15 minutes ago..wish iberie's post had been up there last week when I booked our trip for Oct-I paid 130 more pp than I needed to...grrrr

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 07:19 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmm gave me $523 as a single 3/8 - 3/19

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 07:37 PM

Hey klcman. Just entered the dates you mentioned and it came up $272.50 for a single.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/03/06 07:39 PM

Lucky day! We've found you an even better deal for this trip.
The new lowest available price is below.
Trip Summary
Outbound Flight
2:20pm Depart - Houston Bush, TX (IAH)
Thu, Mar 08
202 Taca International 411 operated b
TACA INTL
4:45pm Arrive - Belize City, Belize (BZE) Nonstop
Total Travel Time: 2 hrs 25 min
Return Flight
10:25am Depart - Belize City, Belize (BZE)
Mon, Mar 19
202 Taca International 410 operated b
TACA INTL
1:55pm Arrive - Houston Bush, TX (IAH) Nonstop
Total Travel Time: 2 hrs 30 min
Price Summary
Travelers Price
1 adult = $179.00
Taxes and Fees = $ 83.50
Service Fee = $ 10.00
Total Price = $272.50
Please remember that prices are not guaranteed until flights are ticketed. The following prices are for electronic tickets.
requires a paper ticket, additional fees may apply.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/04/06 02:00 AM

We owe ibirie a belikin or two...sorry we will be a week later in March. Thanks again for taking the time to post that great fare and letting me know I was internet-challanged on the first try. Counting the days...
Posted By: cakelee

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/07/06 07:36 PM

And they even gave a children's discount - $258.75 plus the $10 fee! How nice of them! Booked 6 tix for November!
Posted By: cakelee

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/07/06 08:04 PM

P.S. Deal can be found on Travelocity now, too.

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/14/06 05:37 PM

ibirie,

Funny I booked a room at Corona del Mar after reading a lot about them then took a look at this thread again and saw that you are staying there over the same time that my wife and I will be there. We will be in one of the 3rd floor oceanfront rooms.

I am sure we will see each other more than once. The first round of Belikins is on me as a thanks for the heads up on the airfare.
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/15/06 02:46 AM

klc:

Think we should tell them about the Belizian national holiday when everyone takes off the last week of March every year? You know, the one where all the restaurants, shops, tours, etc. are closed?

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/15/06 02:58 AM

hehehehe, nahhhhhhhhhhh but look at the $$ they'll save on souvenirs, booze & food!

Re: Cheap Airfare from Houston - 08/15/06 07:11 PM

Catatonic, You just sent me frantically searching old threads for any reference to Belizean national holidays in March.....
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board