AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: govikes Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/16/02 05:47 PM
I lost my job on 2/1 and I'm not staying for any more MN winters. My job search is centering around Dallas right now and I'm having a hard time finding cheap airfare RT to DFW. I've checked orbitz and travelocity--they're giving me fares of $554!! My RT fare at the end of May to BZE from Mpls is $520! Any ideas of where else to look for cheap tix? I'm hoping to fly down to DFW for a week to look around/reacquaint myself (I lived down there 10 yrs ago) and maybe take a side trip to you know where. Just think, I'll be halfway there if I can land in Dallas! (I WILL miss my beloved Vikes though...COL). Thanks!
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/16/02 08:08 PM
Have you tried www.oldgatorstravels.com ?

[This message has been edited by Richard Chambers (edited 02-16-2002).]
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/17/02 09:02 AM
We live here in DFW, do you need a place to stay.. let us know.. Thanks
Rick
Posted By: Suzan Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/17/02 07:46 PM
www.priceline.com
Posted By: BEACH BOUND Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/19/02 06:39 AM
The best airfare I have found so far from New Orleans is on www.flycheapol.com

Good Luck!!!
Posted By: BEACH BOUND Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/19/02 06:40 AM
The best airfare I have found so far from New Orleans is on www.flycheapol.com

Good Luck!!!
Posted By: govikes Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/19/02 05:22 PM
Unfortunately, flycheapol.com and oldgators aren't for domestic flights. I need something for Minneapolis to Dallas/Ft Worth. Will try priceline. And thanks rick/cheri! I have 2 friends living in Ft Worth that are helping me try to relocate! Just out of curiousity (and anticipation), what do you usually pay for RT to Belize from DFW?
Posted By: KimBehindDoorNbr3 Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/19/02 06:40 PM
govikes-

Hopefully, Rick & Cheri have some great inside scoop 'cuz of their frequency of trek between the two.

Our typical price-scoping experience goes something like this...

Usual off the rack rate = $650ish
Consolidators or small-scale sale with
AA or Continental* = $450ish
Good sales from AA or Continental = $250ish

*If you are flexible, you can usually nab the $450 rate with Continental--also, it *seems* that Continental is the carrier most of the consolidators are using down here. AA seems a little more proud of thier direct flight pricing.

DK much about TACA. Heard prices can be good though reliability is unpredictable.

Hey all, may spouse & I crash the party next time "Barefoot Skinny Does Dallas"? I'm really envious of the Colorado contingency's party planning abilities! ;-)

Cheers!

Kim
Posted By: superfooch Re: Moving south - Airfare??? - 02/23/02 11:00 PM
I just pulled this off www.bestfares.com
MINNEAPOLIS to DFW, check their fare finder daily, it is an awsome tool, I got dfw to BZE fo $99.00 two months ago.

from
$178 RT Booking Code: � Q
Fare Code: � Q236RNRX
Airline: � Trans American
Advanced Purchase: � 3 days
Effective: � 3 days from purchase
Expiration: � 05-22-2002
Minimum Stay: � No minimum stay
Maximum Stay: � No maximum stay
Fare Rules:

Day/Time: Applies at any time tue/wed/sat.

Season: No season restrictions apply.

Blackouts: No blackout restrictions apply.

Stop Overs: No enroute stopovers permitted. a stopover occurs when the passenger does not depart an intermediate point within 4 hours.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board