AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: govikes Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/17/02 06:21 PM
I am trying to change my return date for the reservations I made thru Flycheapo back in Jan. I've called 4 times and have been put on hold every time and never get to speak to anyone-once got disconnected. It's a Continental Minneapolis to Hous to BZE. Does anyone know of any better way to try to do this? There is a real problem with language barrier once someone does answer the phone there..like my Spanish is a little bit rusty if ya know what I mean. I'm trying to leave BZE on a later date, and am wondering if anyone else has ever tried to do this or if you have any better ideas! Thanks!
Posted By: KC Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/17/02 06:50 PM
Yes, I do have experience with this. I wanted to change the return date for my daughter and her friend last July. We were on Continental. I had to wait until we got to Belize to change them. They would not do it on this end. After we landed, I just went to the Continental agent and told her we wanted to change the return date. It was not a problem, but you have to pay $100.00 per ticket for the change. I don't think anyone will do it for nothing.

K
Posted By: govikes Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/17/02 08:33 PM
Thanks KC - I finally got thru to them and they want $175 & 69 for different airfare. That comes to $243 which seems like alot! Was your flight a direct one--mine has a connection - just wondering if I should wait til I get there and change then? What's the worst that could happen--hehehe, having to stay longer????
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/17/02 11:01 PM
I got rescheduled last time by calling Continental in Belize City. It seems like $100US is the only thing they want. My tickets were from FlycheapOL.com. I might be doing the same soon. I'm crossing my fingers!
Posted By: susangg Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/18/02 01:00 AM
ALL of those low priced discount tickets have a penalty fee if you change your dates, the minimum is $100 and sometimes its a lot higher than that.
I have had to pay it many times.
I have had trouble reaching cheapol by phone also. It usually takes a day or two to get any kind of response whether you try phone or email.
The discount shops are usually good at one thing: They have a good search engine and the purchasing process is very user friendly, but their hand-holding skills are not too good because they are just not staffed. If you want that kind of service you have to go to a full fledged travel agent like Barb's Belize and pay a little bit more.
The folks at Continental are very customer service oriented and give great phone service but I don't know how helpful they will be if you did not buy your ticket from them. I have had to change dates on low fare tickets purchased direct through their web site and have never had a problem, but always had to pay the fee. Dealing with them on their own tickets is very easy and you get through to a live human quickly.
I guess there is always a trade off: service vs. price.
Posted By: KC Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/18/02 05:42 AM
Yes, our tickets had connections. Portland/Houston/Belize. Plus, I did not buy the tickets from Continental. I bought them from Orbitz.com, I believe.

I say go for it... see what they will do for you in Belize City!

Kathy
Posted By: ckocian Re: Flycheapo making me crazy - 05/18/02 04:04 PM
I say what KC says. Call Continental in Belize and they'll change it for you, for a fee of course, but without any hassle.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board