AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Danl & the Boop Immunization; - 01/04/03 07:00 PM
Hi Down there;
We made the mistake of contacting the local health authority here in Ontario, Canada, after seeing an ad about traveling to Central America. We will arrive Feb,22 and be staying for two weeks at Ruby's.
I first visited Belize in 1981 and we got our Malaria shots as we weren't sure where we would be staying. We returned each year for the next ten and didn't have any immunization at all, with no problems.
Now my question ??? What are the latest recommendations, and has anyone heard of any instances of Malaria, Hepatitis, Polio, or Typhoid?
Any information will be helpful.
Thanks;
confused
Posted By: Grace Re: Immunization; - 01/04/03 08:21 PM
I don't think you need any shots at all. Unless you're planning on spending alot of time in the jungles, in the summer, even the bugs aren't bad. Have fun!
Posted By: Marty Re: Immunization; - 01/04/03 08:28 PM
nope, fugetabout the shots. they HURT! We come often with 6-10 folks and never shoot up any of em.

now i sure could use something for the BRAIN FREEZE i get when i drink those frozen limeades too fast...
Posted By: NYgal Re: Immunization; - 01/04/03 10:07 PM
Ahemmmm.....where were you with the limeades on NY eve??? We had nothing to use for the toast! ! laugh
Posted By: Danl & the Boop Re: Immunization; - 01/04/03 11:51 PM
Thanks a lot, all, that is what I thought.
I understand we will find a few changes in the old place!!!
I hope you can get the Belican cold now.
Can hardly wait;
Snow up to our a__ncesters here laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board