AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dang. can't find a flight? - 10/13/03 04:33 AM
I'm havin trouble finding flights to belize from the northwest for less than $800.00
Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'm lookin for cheap fares $500 would be nice.
Posted By: sweets Re: can't find a flight? - 10/13/03 07:53 AM
you can check with www.hobbittravel.com they are a wholesaler - call the 1 800 number because when i did the fare was cheaper than the website. also, check on taca's site they have cheaper fares that are thru the internet only. are you flying out of seattle? don't forget the cancun route can sometimes work out much cheaper, i am on the west coast of canada and its so much more to get places than from the east coast cities. good luck.
Posted By: kathyw Re: can't find a flight? - 10/13/03 05:01 PM
I just booked flights from Salt Lake City for $557.00 per ticket. This includes all fees.
I got it through Hotwire.com Good Luck
Posted By: f095 Re: can't find a flight? - 10/13/03 09:35 PM
kathyw,
I just looked at hotwire. They gave a great price, but no details until you paid for your ticket. How did this work out for you. Sounds scary to me.
Flora
Posted By: f095 Re: can't find a flight? - 10/13/03 09:35 PM
kathyw,
I just looked at hotwire. They gave a great price, but no details until you paid for your ticket. How did this work out for you. Sounds scary to me.
Flora
Posted By: jazz Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 03:42 AM
I had airfare in Sept.@ $626 dollars.Next time I'm going to fly to Cancun.Good luck.
Posted By: jazz Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 03:46 AM
Sorry, I forgot to say from Seattle.
Posted By: Dang. Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 04:52 AM
Wow, thanks everyone its tough i saw a flight from Cincinnati to Belize for $430.00 but its $780.00 from Portland. that sux!
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 05:43 AM
Saw one for $738 on Expedia, not a whole lot of savings. It is a big cost, you are right.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 05:50 AM
Wow, try the Hotwire.com site - $689! that is significant savings!
Posted By: kathyw Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 04:41 PM
Flora,
The flights they gave me were the ones I would have booked with Continental. Leaving at 8:00 A.M from Salt Lake City and arriving in Belize at 3:57 P.M. Will be on the island by 6:00 P.M. I had checked with aprox. 20 different web sites for flight prices, with most of them having the same departure times. I figured it would be a 90% chance we would get the ones we wanted.
Posted By: klcman Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 06:11 PM
It would be interesting to know what dates each of you were using....

Generally, I have experienced fares being cheaper much closer to departure dates...those who plan well ahead, unfortunately, do not always reap the best air prices.
Posted By: f095 Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 06:29 PM
I am using dates in May and was quoted $583 from
hotwire.com. All the other discounted airfares were all over $1000. Thanks Kathyw for the info.
Flora
Posted By: f095 Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 06:30 PM
That was round trip from Savannah, GA.
Posted By: lmarquis Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 07:48 PM
Flights are under $500 from Sacramento right now. Too bad I cannot go!
Posted By: kathyw Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 08:02 PM
We are going for Christmas and New Years again. Leaving Dec. 17th. and returning Jan. 8th. These are considered the busy holladay season travel times, had I not booked now the availibility of flights are nil to none, and the price goes up.
Your very welcome Flora
Kathy
Posted By: kathyw Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 08:04 PM
Sorry I spelled holliday wrong. We live in Holladay Utah and I'm always doing this.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 08:18 PM
some things are best left unspoken
Posted By: sarahsmile Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 08:33 PM
Similarly to the hotwire deal....on my last trip I took a risk and used priceline.com. I bid for just under the fare sale that I missed by one day and got an even lower price than what had been quoted, including travel insurance. Total I paid $350 rt. Thats from DC but still...I got a good fare and on the same US Air flight I would have booked otherwise.

Just FYI, my sister used it also and got great tickets for her flight to England.
Posted By: kathyw Re: can't find a flight? - 10/14/03 08:34 PM
You're right. LOL I did it again. I really do know its holiday. I still live in Holladay. Its just been one of those days.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board