AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Priceline experience?

Posted By: govikes

Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 03:28 PM

Never used it before - will NEVER use it again. Had reservations to BZE, nonstop leaving DFW on American. I just received an e-mail today saying my itinerary has changed: I now am supposed to fly to Miami on American, sit there for 2 hrs and then fly to BZE; same thing on the way back. So what was a 2 1/2 hr flight from DFW for me has now turned into a 5 1/2 hr trip. Anyone ever had this happen and do you know if it will do any good to b---- at Priceline or American?
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 04:21 PM

Why wouldn't you fly/hop on over to Houston and leave from there?
Posted By: govikes

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 04:23 PM

I booked it thru crappy old priceline. I've been informed American no longer has a non-stop on the day I'm flying and that they only fly from Miami on that day (Wednesday). Live and learn - my lesson: no Priceline and all my flights to BZE will now be on Continental from now on.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 04:37 PM

Houston has both Continental and TACA.... I think CO has a morning flight and an afternoon. TACA only has one flight... if it leaves on time or at all even. eek Plus I could come to the airport and bring you water, a sandwich or whatever else you might need. eek
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 10:37 PM

govikes when are you going ,??? i fly on americian ,newark to miami,change planes wait two hr's all the time ,not to bad .have done longer layovers ,thats what bars are .for ...
Posted By: Zagnut

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 10:41 PM

...or book directly thru AA. Sounds like Priceline is the one who doesn't have their act together...not American.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/28/04 11:55 PM

We used them one time, went to Wisconsin. I believe we could have driven most of the way there with the time we actually spent going to our local airport, to Chicago and it's delayed layover time and circled the airport a few times.

Then we had to wait for our friends. We phoned ahead to let them know of the long delays.... LONG LONG trip.

It was on Continental frown

It was a test, only a test and Priceline failed.
Time is money. We only were on a long weekend.

I guess things happen all over, but if we had been going to BELIZE.........yes, you bet I would have been more upset eek
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/29/04 05:00 AM

Of course Denny would be expecting you to be wearing that white floozy dress to get all those special privileges. :rolleyes: :p

So when are you going back already? Waaaaaaaaaa, I'm jealous & I haven't even gotten there yet since last May & you've been twice since then. B&^%*

Love ya honey wink
Posted By: seashell

Re: Priceline experience? - 06/29/04 07:31 AM

Always remember and never forget . . .time is money. And on holiday time, it's far more important that you get where you want to go and when you want to get there, than it is to worry about a couple of hundred bucks difference on airfare.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Priceline experience? - 07/01/04 12:27 AM

But, don't you get to AC earlier than the direct flight????? Rick and I always booked the via Miami flight because we got on the island several hours earlier......C
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Priceline experience? - 07/01/04 03:35 AM

Tru dat!
Posted By: john robertsdenver

Re: Priceline experience? - 07/01/04 05:02 PM

well it isn't priceline's fault..you got the right flite at the right price..unfortunately..if american finds that they don't have enough seats filled to make flites profitable..they simply cancel and reroute..it happens all the time and could have and would have happen even if you had purchased your ticket directly from american.. john in denver
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board