AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jeff&Con Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/15/05 12:47 AM
1 1/2 days ---- We've been hearing (reading) different quotes on the costs of exit fees & the cost of taxis from the airport to the water & from the water to San Pedro & back .... HELP !!!!
Posted By: klcman Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/15/05 01:13 AM
exit fees SHOULD be included in your airlines tickets.....look at the codes should see something like FU*********
Posted By: Jeff&Con Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/15/05 04:44 AM
we thought so in the Dominican one time also & they still nailed us.....
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/15/05 05:00 AM
Ya, maybe that's what the "FU" is for.....
Posted By: dolphin Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/22/05 05:58 AM
The watertaxis are normally ($15us/$30bz)one way.
There has been a special for (10us/$20bz)one way.

The taxi from International to the Belize City watertaxi is usually ($20us/$40bz), but I think they add for over 2 people.

For four people you can save some money but lose island vacation time. Less than four, take the plane. The view is worth it.
Posted By: Tom Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/22/05 04:09 PM
Don't know if everyone has heard but the Thunderbolt Express went bankrupt.
The other ferry to Belize City is still running.

The local Island Ferry cost just went up as well and is now $10.00BZ one way even for the locals who used to pay $5.00BZ.

I fly TACA and the departure tax was included in my ticket, and just returned on the 3rd of March.
Kat
Posted By: 1goldstar444 Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/28/05 08:19 PM
I was reading on Frommers travel there is an airstrip in Belize City where the flights were half the cost of the standard $98. Does anyone know about that?
yep you fly out of the municipal airport, ( city airport) but you break even on 2 because of the cost of the taxis, after 2 people it makes sense if you like to ride the taxi, spend a little time chatting with the driver etc. you end up cutting your air by 50 percent to san pedro, i do it all the time and learn something new from the taxi driver each time... and enjoy the 'down time' john in denver
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/30/05 08:51 PM
what is the cost of the taxi from international airport to the municipal airport? and who do I contact for that flight info?
Posted By: klcman Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/30/05 10:19 PM
about $20 US each way.

Tropic or Maya
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/30/05 10:27 PM
Basically you will only save about $30pp by going to the municipal airport. The hassel factor is not worth that, I wouldnt thing. Thank you for the info.
Posted By: klcman Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/31/05 05:28 AM
but if you've never been, how can u compare?
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 03/31/05 07:34 PM
I can compare because you gave me the numbers to compare with. I want to get to where I am going the quickest way possible, taking a taxi to another airport just to end up at the same place doesnt seem too logical to me. I would rather land at the international airport and hop on another flight to the island. Doesn't that seem the most time efficient and practical?
Posted By: klcman Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 04/01/05 12:10 AM
definitely
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 04/01/05 06:40 PM
Who offers the lowest airfare R/T to the island from the international airport? I have done searches on this issue but Im hoping someone might have a well kept secret they would like to share??? :p
Posted By: SimonB Re: Exit Fee & Water Taxi Costs ?????? - 04/01/05 09:15 PM
There are 2 airlines, both have websites where their rates are posted, there is a difference of a dollar or two, that's it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board