AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Flight prices

Posted By: Nova

Flight prices - 08/28/06 11:36 PM

Anyone have any bloody idea why prices of flights fluxuate so much so quickly. (Maybe you folks in the travel industry can explain.) mr. nuts and I have a trip to SP planned in Jan/Feb and I check the cost with all the sites fairly often. Expedia had the price at $1143 each yesterday and it's $1153 today....I'm clueless, what gives?
Posted By: Kerri_Canada

Re: Flight prices - 08/28/06 11:52 PM

i know exactly what you mean! i am planning a trip to sp for dec and jan and the prices fluxuate everyday pretty much! so annoying!
Posted By: Littleengine

Re: Flight prices - 08/28/06 11:54 PM

For next year, try going through Sunquest.. they're running direct flights from Canada (Toronto, I think) to Belize City starting in Dec I believe. I couldn't find anything under about $950 but I remember when it first became available that someone said they got it for about $850.
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 01:06 AM

i got a flight from Seattle to Belize City for $566 now i just need to book a flight from Edmonton to Seattle...

i checked prices for Vancouver to Belize and it was over $900... $400 more for an hour flight... that's crazy... so my plan is to get air fare from edmonton to Vancouver and take a $30 bus ride to Seattle... seriously look into as many options as possible if you're willing to go through the trouble... i know i am!

So my itinerary is to fly from edm to seattle (via air miles mind you) and than fly from seattle to Belize... well that's my loop hole!! hope you can find one too!!

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 01:41 AM

Thanks - will try Sunquest in the am. Last year we paid $1700 CDN per from Halifax to B. City and my goal is to book it for under $1000 this year! Since mr. nuts and I are so far away I want to have us in SP without an overnight anywhere... When I booked our hotel in July (for next winter) it was $850 and our travel agent said to wait and start checking in the end of Aug. as it would go down...AS IF! The less I give to Air Canada the more I give to Belikin! Priorities, you know, eh?! ida- good luck with the air miles - every time I get a thou or two, someone comes on the bum! Bloody well hell!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 02:01 AM

gee, mr. nuts doesn't get caps! Mr. Nuts! laugh

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 02:31 AM

rykat - nor do you! laugh laugh

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 02:36 AM

haha!! that's awesome! i like that motto!! the less for to air canada the more to belikin!! Love it...

but ya i'm spoiled... my dad is actually giving me those airmiles... so i guess he's in the same boat as you!! laugh

But trust... looking for loop holes are great... but it would prob be an over nighter... like the way mine will be is i would leave edmonton in the evening and my flight from seattle is after midnight and i arrive in BZ i think at 1130am...

all i need to worry about now is my edm - sea flight!! but i'm happy i found this way.. cheaper for me and as you said more belikin!! laugh

Re: Flight prices - 08/29/06 11:14 PM

Littleengine - just checked Sunquest - they were about $100 more than Expedida. Today it's $1122 - go figure! confused
Posted By: J DOG

Re: Flight prices - 08/30/06 11:38 AM

Cincinnati Oh. to Belize $650 right now for Feb. I need 6 seats, we are still waiting for a better deal, paid $550 last yr.
With the price of gas coming down( filled up for $2.39 yesterday) I feel confident waiting it out.
Posted By: SeaDreams

Re: Flight prices - 08/30/06 08:37 PM

$2.39 JDog?!?! Wow... we're still at $3.09 here in Northern Idaho/Eastern Washington. You've got it good!

Re: Flight prices - 08/30/06 08:57 PM

that's cheap!! here were paying like over a $1 a litre... and there's what about 5 litres per gallon... well something like that anyway!!!
Posted By: Hon

Re: Flight prices - 08/30/06 09:15 PM

There are about 3.8 litres in a US gallon. Still cheap!

Here's the thread mentioned above...
//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/6/t/004510.html#000000

Re: Flight prices - 08/30/06 09:45 PM

not really our gas prices have doubled since at least 5 years... (go figure why) but at any rate it sucks when your car used to use like $20 to fill and now its $40!! oh well...
Posted By: Jimbo2

Re: Flight prices - 08/31/06 01:19 AM

If you book travel thru Travelocity on Yahoo it says $500 something but when you get further into making your reservation it says that the prices have changed to about $234 from Houston to Belize City.
Posted By: Hon

Re: Flight prices - 08/31/06 01:34 AM

novascotianuts is Canadian. Unfortunately, for Homeland Security reasons, we have to book through to BZE on the same ticket i.e. we can't book, say, Toronto to Houston on one ticket and then Houston to BZE on another.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Flight prices - 08/31/06 06:45 PM

Last night on the news, they said expect gas prices to keep going down and may get to near $2.00 per gallon by end of year. If this happens, I am hoping that air fares will also go down. They also said gas is expected to go back up again before next Spring - the old supply and demand thing.

Re: Flight prices - 08/31/06 06:56 PM

Hon.:. Why not??? that's what i did... well sort of...

My flights are gonna be Edmonton - Seattle than i booked this separately from Seattle - Belize!
Posted By: J DOG

Re: Flight prices - 09/10/06 01:22 PM

Filled up for $2.19 gal. yesterday, hoping for lower air fares soon!!
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board