AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Otteralum SkyAuction.com - 01/25/06 07:25 PM
I recently saw a few boarders posted about Sky Auction. I have a question for you. If you win an air package, can you choose from any flight during the open window described so long as space is available? I can see winning and then being so restricted on flights that I'll never get there.

Specifics: I'm looking to bid on an air and hotel package that says my needed dates (3/17-3/20) are available on AA. When I go to AA, I see plenty of flights available. So long as AA has availability, can I book the flight after winning the auction??
Posted By: klcman Re: SkyAuction.com - 01/25/06 11:20 PM
My experience Otter has been that you can request specific flights and if they have them ( they are actually a wholesaler) no problem. You can also email them and ask. Tell them you are going to bid ONLY if you get your times. Chances are they'll cave in.

Probably no need to tell you this, but check the package elements separately ... often times you can do better. (and watch those service charges!)
Posted By: Otteralum Re: SkyAuction.com - 01/26/06 12:30 AM
great klcman -- thanks. My wife and I are looking for a long weekend trip to Miami and may use the service for Belize if all works out. They seem to offer AC trips frequently.
Posted By: klcman Re: SkyAuction.com - 01/26/06 12:43 AM
yup they do..and it always amazes (and humors) me when I see bids that are 10-25% or more than the going rate. Auction fever :rolleyes:

Have fun and sit on the fingers
Posted By: Otteralum Re: SkyAuction.com - 01/26/06 12:48 AM
Very true. I see a bid going on now for airfare that after all the added surcharges and taxes is over $700 ????????
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board