AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Belize Intl to Caye Caulker

Posted By: skubakat

Belize Intl to Caye Caulker - 02/07/04 02:20 AM

Can anybody tell me how much time it takes to get from Belize International Airport to Belize Municipal Airport? Also, how much time it takes to get from Belize International Airport to the Water Taxis in Belize City? My flight gets in around 4pm and I'm wondering if I have enough time to catch the last water taxi to Caye Caulker at 5:00 (17:00) after collecting my bags and going through customs, or will I need to arrange to fly over there from International or Municipal. I understand that if you fly out of Municipal, it's half the price....
Thanks in advance...
Posted By: Auxillou Beach Suites

Re: Belize Intl to Caye Caulker - 02/07/04 03:03 AM

Dear scubakat:

The last water taxi departs at 5:30 p.m., not 5:00 p.m. You will have plenty of time to clear customs and immigration and catch the last boat out.

It could be anywhere from a 20 minute to a 30 minute drive from the Phillip Goldson International Airport into Belize City, which is where both the Municipal Airstrip and the water taxis are located. Even though the drive is only ten miles long, this is so because the road is a two lane road which can become highly congested with traffic at times, especiall as you get closer into Belize City.

Once you get into Belize City, the water taxi terminal and the Municipal airstrip are no more than five minutes from each other by taxi.

Water taxi ride is 45 minutes long. Flight is 7 minutes long.

Cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Belize Intl to Caye Caulker - 02/07/04 08:55 PM

We cleared immigration and customs in only about 20 minutes - so allow half an hour in case you're at the end of the line. They really quite efficient. And Wendy is right about the typical driving time. However, that schedule assumes that your plane will be on time! Ours was an hour late so we were quite happy to catch the last Maya Air flight from BZE over to CC.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board