AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Last Water Taxi

Posted By: Anonymous

Last Water Taxi - 04/16/04 02:59 AM

My husband and I have an ongoing, friendly debate about the water taxis that go out to Caye Caulker. He thinks that we will be able to catch the last ferry even though our plane doesn't come in until 4:30. I say, no way! We should just plan on flighing to the caye if we want to get there that night. (Which we both want to).
We leave Sunday and any help with this would be great! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Last Water Taxi - 04/16/04 05:14 AM

Last water taxi leaves at 5:00 p.m. There is no way you can arrive, get through customs, catch a cab to downtown Belize City and catch the water taxi. Flying is your only option to arrive in Caye Caulker same day. Both Maya Island Air and Tropic Air have flights to Caye Caulker for the 4:30 arrival. Make life simply and fly. Have a safe flight and great time in CC.
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Last Water Taxi - 04/16/04 05:15 AM

I agree with you Grendel, you should fly to Caye Caulker, or you could risk missing the last boat which leaves at 5:30. Even under the best circumstances, 1 hour to deplane, collect luggage, clear customs and immigration and the cab ride to the Marine terminal... it would be close. The consequences are that you would have to stay the night in Belize City (yuk) or charter a boat (very expensive)
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board