AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Another Belize City transfer question

Posted By: ghbyram

Another Belize City transfer question - 04/03/07 05:52 AM

Hey folks! My family and I (2 adults, 3 daughters) will be in AC in late May/early June. The muni tip that I found on here will net us about $270 savings in airline fees ... more than justifying the $25 taxi ride from international to muni.

What I didn't see in my searches on the topic is:
1. Do any of you foresee an issue getting a family of 5 into a single taxi in belize city? I'm less worried about being able to fit us and luggage than I am about city capacity regulations for taxis (in the US, the absolute max is typically 4 per taxi). Logic tells me it won't be an issue, but might as well ask the dumb question.

2. Does anyone have any info on a car/taxi service that we could pre-arrange? Years of traveling for business have instilled in me a preference for pre-arranging my ground transport (plus I could get some assurance/agreement that the above will not be an issue that complicates or delays our transfer).

Thanks for any input.

Grady
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Another Belize City transfer question - 04/03/07 04:31 PM

Depending on how old/big the daughters are, you can usually get 5 into one taxi. Also depends on how much luggage you have. The taxis are often old Buick LeSabre type large cars or mini vans. I have a driver in Belize City I use named Errol Flowers and you can call him at 011-501-602-0120 or 223-1613. But there are usually many taxis waiting at the Int'l, and you can choose the size you will need from the line.
Posted By: ghbyram

Re: Another Belize City transfer question - 04/03/07 06:17 PM

That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Barbara!
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Another Belize City transfer question - 04/03/07 10:21 PM

I also have a wonderful guy who has a dodge mini van takes 5 plus all your bags ,and he is a nice clean cut family man who will meet you after you leave customs ..he will wait there with a sign with your name on it and not leave till you show up....for $35 us to muni.very reliable =his name is efram 011-501 -6018409 if you want to speak to me about him call me at my work number 1 800 231 7447 ask for capt jeff.I can not praise him enough..
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board