AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Departure tax at airport?

Posted By: islabonita

Departure tax at airport? - 05/20/07 09:52 PM

Just read a few posts not sure if they are outdated. Is there an imposed $35.00 dept. tax not included in your airfare from Ambergris Caye to Belize where my International flight departs?
thanks for info.
Posted By: 1BKeeper

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/20/07 10:41 PM

We fly Delta and it is included in the ticket price.
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/20/07 10:58 PM

American Airlines -- definitely the $35 charge at the airport. US Airways -- partial...probably 5-7$. Everyone else? I'm not sure...
Posted By: ckocian

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/20/07 11:36 PM

Sounds to me like the OP is asking if there is a departure fee from AC to Goldson.
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 01:07 AM

Oh...at that point there is no tax. Just when leaving the International airport...

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 03:07 AM

I just found out that Continental has the taxes included in their fare yet US Airways does not.
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 03:51 AM

US Air does.. I just got back last week and it was included.. I paid $5 Belize only for My wife and I.
Check with your Travel agent or the Airlines Direct. It is included if you were told otherwise you were screwed.

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 04:12 AM

I am flying Continental...
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by BiIl Mc Ghee
US Air does.. I just got back last week and it was included.. I paid $5 Belize only for My wife and I.
Check with your Travel agent or the Airlines Direct. It is included if you were told otherwise you were screwed.

It just depends on what airline.
Posted By: kerry

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 05:54 AM

i fly continental and have never been charged a departure tax at the airport...it is included in the airfare...
Posted By: DANZA

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 06:00 AM

It was not included with American Airlines as of the end of March. I was told they got into a squabble with Belize in the manner that it was collected, and they told Belize to collect it themselves. We had flown with AA previously and it was included with the ticket. Just be prepared to pay it, a lot of people were going back to the ATM to try to get money. And it had to be paid in US funds. I was told later VISA was OK as well.
Posted By: Nova

Re: Departure tax at airport? - 05/21/07 01:31 PM

Flew Continental twice - was charged in '06 but not in '07!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board