AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Yakie duty free - 09/15/07 09:39 PM
Does anyone know how many bottles we are allowed to bring into Belize from Canada???? We have tried the One Barrell rum and it is pretty good and we look forward to trying the Beliken beer, but, because we are a group of 8 who will be there for 2 weeks, we figured we'd bring some of our duty free liquor down to have as well. Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: duty free - 09/16/07 12:57 AM
I believe you will have to purchase from a duty free store at the US airport that you depart from just prior to entering Belize. However, if you pack it with your check in luggage you will not have a problem just as long as you do not exceed the amount allowed to bring into Belize on a duty free basis.
Posted By: tincup Re: duty free - 09/16/07 01:06 AM
Anybody know the amount allowed???
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: duty free - 09/16/07 02:52 AM
Not too sure.....I always bring in more then allowed.....by mistake!
Posted By: beachbumin Re: duty free - 09/16/07 02:57 AM
Only 1 liter per person into Belize. It goes in a hurry. The local rum is pretty good, especially the One Barrel.
Posted By: Yakie Re: duty free - 09/16/07 07:11 AM
I realize that I need to purchase the duty free in Canada before I leave to enter Belize...............just wondered how many bottles a person could bring into Belize. Entering into Mexico, you can each bring 3 bottles from duty free. I think beachbumin answered that for us. Thanks so much.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board