AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye?

Posted By: Fish Gal

Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/01/07 02:48 AM

Not sure which airport to use, when I type in Belize in Travelocity, I get a choice of three airports. I went to AmbergrisCaye.com and not sure if San Pedro is the closest airport. Thanks!
Posted By: bobcat bill

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/01/07 03:12 AM

you fly into Belize City then fly to San Pedro which is real fun
Posted By: Fish Gal

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/01/07 03:41 AM

What do you mean by "real fun"?
Posted By: DitchDocDiver

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/01/07 03:52 AM

I believe he was in reference to the puddle jumper from BZE to San Pedro
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/01/07 03:58 AM

The Airport designator you use to get to Belize is BZE.
Once you arrive at Belize City you then board a small 13 passenger Airplane either Tropic or Maya Air to get to San Pedro. I have always used Tropic.But, Maya is just as good and they fly the same type aircraft that I could see. By "Real Fun" I think it was ment to descripe the flight over to San pedro. It's a short 15-18 minute flight and you very very rarely get above 2000 ft. So the scenary is spectacular. The water is so clear in places you can see almost straight to the bottom, or maybe what I percieved as the bottom. For me, its the best part of the journey to Belize.. Then of course there is the 'REAL Fun" of being in paradise.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/02/07 07:07 PM

Yes! You can see the bottom. My favorite part of the flight is trying to see all the critters. Theres always eagle rays you can see from the plane and sometimes nursesharks. I've seen the pod of dolphins around Caye Caulker and closer to the mainland you can usually see manatees in the water.
Posted By: buzzbean

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/02/07 07:14 PM

My last flight out of SP, I saw what I thought were manatees. We were high enough I couldn't be sure but thought that's what they were.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/02/07 08:01 PM

The flight is the best!!!! Ah, now see -- no more work for me today -- too much daydreaming.
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/02/07 09:19 PM

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE that flight...... the hum of the engines, the scenery...the different shades of blue water.... I'm sooo chomping at the bit to get outta here!
Posted By: Julian Foster

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/06/07 07:20 PM

Oh, you people! We are coming for the first time and I just can't wait worth a darn....
Posted By: reaper

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/07/07 12:37 AM

The hum of the engines, the scenery, the different shades of blue water, the door slowly opening, the green light coming on...
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/07/07 02:53 PM

the better judgment kicking in . . .
Posted By: Dan Carey

Re: Which Airport do I use for Ambergris Caye? - 11/12/07 06:59 AM

&nbsp Fish Gal,
to start out with, use an airport close to your home. You'll fly into Belize City (BZE), then take a hop to San Pedro Town (SPR). If you're spending any time in Belize City you can also use the Municipal strip (TZA), which is closer to downtown. That makes it nicer, as well as cheaper, if you're connecting to a tour out of the Marine Terminal.

&nbsp You can see a little about my first trip to San Pedro Town via Maya Air's Cessna 172 here.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board