AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: GRAFFICE Dallas for an evening - 11/14/07 01:48 AM
Hi all. Nice to be loooking around the board again. As usual Barb and I will be down for most of February. Our return flight gives us about a 14 hour layover at DFW. Need some ideas on a room relatively close that we also get some eats and drinks nearby. Thanks
Posted By: suecate Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/14/07 02:07 AM
we stayed at the grand hyatt right in terminal D at the airport the rate was $154.00 which I thought was good for the convenience. don't order room service 2 hamburgers and 2 kids meals $100.00.
Posted By: jubilee Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/14/07 03:42 AM
I would definitely try Priceline and bid on a room. I usually can find a 4 star in most major Texas cities (I am a Houstonian) for around $50-$60.
Posted By: klcman Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/14/07 04:13 AM
Duane - May 2006 I booked the Hyatt at DFW on cheaphotels.com for $95. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, even at $154
Posted By: suecate Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/14/07 03:22 PM
good to know on the lower price we are going back in april and flying the same overnight.
Posted By: GRAFFICE Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 01:56 AM
Thanks KLC - I'm on it! Sue, I'll find somewhere else to eat or drink. KLC- more scared than last year 'bout THE GAME?
Posted By: klcman Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 02:47 AM
Nope, no fear. The prize has vanished - and will miss the game, most likely.

(getting my own unplanned visit in the Lone Star State as we speak!)
Posted By: pugwash Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 06:03 AM
YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME

I was just quoted $100 (at a hotel near DFW!!)
Posted By: DB Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 08:51 AM
Ditto on the Grand Hyatt in term D, a great place to stay, especially if the stay is a weekend nite (fri, Sat, Sun) when the rate is frequently $100 or less. restaurants at the Hyatt close around 10, but the bar is open with "bar food" til 12 or later and the coffee bar with snacks is open 24 hrs.

Just off the A/P in Grapevine are dozens of options for eats less than 10 mins away.

Good luck.... and have a great trip!!

Posted By: catdance62 Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 12:52 PM
Hey there! We always stay over at the Red Roof Inn (DFW North). There is a shuttle to the airport and it only costs around $65.00/night.
Posted By: catdance62 Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/15/07 12:52 PM
PS, Grapevine is fun, but I guess you'd have to take a taxi?
Posted By: GRAFFICE Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/16/07 01:56 AM
Thanks everyone. We got a room at the Grand Hyatt based on all the good recos. Can't say that we got it for $95 must be a busy weekend or I'm just not patient enough. We did book with cheaphotel but the econo rooms were gone last night so we just took next best.

KLC- if ya just get up early enough I'm sure the Texas folks will have THE GAME on somewhere. Travel well

How far to and what is Grapevine?
Posted By: flip flop Re: Dallas for an evening - 11/16/07 02:28 AM
We lived north of Dallas for many years and stayed at the airport as well as the surrounding areas.

There's the Grand Hyatt (new and at the international terminal) and then there's the "regular" Hyatt that is cheaper. It's at the airport as well and has free pickup and you can possibly walk there depending on what terminal you arrive.

They have a Starbuck's, a great bar with reasonable priced food, and the breakfast restaurant has a fantastic buffet.

Grapevine is on the northern edge of the DFW airport grounds. Small town but all the restaurants - Outback, etc., literally minutes from the airport, but taxi prices can be steep.

Best thing about Grapevine - the Outlet Mall!!! Off Sak's, Last Call (Neiman Marcus) and so on. Also good food court and movies.

If you want to stay at the mall, there's Embassy Suites that's connected to Bass Pro Shop (and Steakhouse). Also AmeriSuites, and more.

If you decide to stay at the airport, Hyatt will take you over to the mall for a fee - don't remember what it was...

Good luck!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board