AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Also want to Move to Belize

Posted By: gigibee

Also want to Move to Belize - 01/12/08 07:23 PM

gsongboss@bellsouth.net

I am planning a trip to Belize late January. Is there anyone who can suggest a tour (other than Bill and Claire's) that will show me around the city? Or per your suggestion what is the best way to explore the city w/o a tour? This trip is more looking around than for vacationing; however, I do plan time for that too! I'm sure I eill need to come back a second time but that is not necessary if I can see what I'm looking for on one trip. I'M REALLY READY TO MOVE....YESTERDAY!

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks
Posted By: Dallas Dave

Re: Also want to Move to Belize - 01/13/08 08:07 AM

Tough place...be careful....
Posted By: Cooper

Re: Also want to Move to Belize - 01/13/08 01:56 PM

Belize City will not give you a feel for the Country. SHORT STORY...Two friends of mine that live on Caye Caulker went last week to meet friends for the day that were traveling on a cruise ship. They planned to have lunch and just tour around the City. Which is exactly what they did. My friends realizing they had made a mistake, and should have gotten their friends out of the City. The friends were so unhappy with their Belize experience of Belize City they said they will never come back.
I think I am speaking for most of us who love this place so much we now call this country home. Belize City is where we go when we have to, we never want to. Doctors visits, shopping etc. I do not want to say it is a City with no culture, their are places worth the time to see, The House of Culture etc. but the City will not give you a true Cultural experience as traveling through the Country will.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board