AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BZE -> Ambergris

Posted By: PSUhorty

BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 05:14 AM

Just want some of your thoughts...
Best way to get from BZE to Ambergris? Short plane ride for a bit over $100 or the boat ride for roughly $25 RT? Any thoughts positive, negative, or otherwise about either method are appreciated.

Will the boat ride be at all relaxing or will it be crammed w/other people, choppy waters, etc, etc, etc?
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 07:42 AM

everyone has their preference - I love the boat. The view on the trip over is beautiful, chatting with the locals is a great way to start your trip, and the breeze in your face can't be beat. Factor into the cost a taxi ride from BZE to the watertaxi station. Lots of people will tell you fly and get to the island as fast as you can - I've never been in that much of a hurry on vacation - but like I said: everyone has their preference.
Posted By: J DOG

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 12:27 PM

I prefer to fly, the view is worth it, espeacially if you have'nt done it before. I was absolutely amazed my first time 20 yrs. ago, short 15 min. flite.
Never done the boat so I can't comment on it.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 12:54 PM

By the time we get to BZE, we've already been traveling 10 hours or so. The last thing I want to do is move bags in and out of a taxi, then on and off a boat.

Besides in the winter, we're usually too late to get to the water taxi terminal anyway.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 01:33 PM

Take the plane makes life so simple,If this is a vacation do it right.why worry about getting wet, rough seas .etc.first time down go first class,life is to short..
Posted By: azbob

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/29/08 11:31 PM

Correction on the flying cost. I just made reservation from Belize International to AC on Tropic for $52 one-way. the $100 must be round trip.
Posted By: PSUhorty

Re: BZE -> Ambergris - 01/30/08 06:32 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. Much appreciated.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board