AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Golf Cart Taxi - To The North

Posted By: flip flop

Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/29/08 03:25 AM

I've seen this topic before, but can't find it.

Two of us plus luggage need a ride from the airstrip and over the bridge.

Any suggestions? We get in at 5:30 pm on a Sunday.

Thanks,
Amy
Posted By: debbief

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/29/08 06:08 AM

If your resort doesn't provide a ride you could always take the water taxi. We sometimes rent a golf cart for the week, pick it up in town, and take it north with our luggage. I'm not sure if the weather is cooperating this week - it's tough to get through on the road north if there has been a lot of rain. I guess it depends how far north you're going!
Posted By: Short

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/29/08 07:03 AM

The Golf Cart Taxi North wasn't allowed South of the bridge, I don't think they are in business anymore. The way to get North is either by the Boat Service from your Resort, Private Water Taxi or Island Ferry at Fido's dock.
Posted By: natalie p

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/29/08 01:24 PM

The golf cart taxi is back in action, I've seen them crossing the bridge though don't know if they continue into town.I do not know how far north they are able to get.
The driver is Julio 602 1073.
Posted By: flip flop

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/29/08 04:39 PM

Thanks everyone. We're just going to The Cloisters (should have said that before - sorry), but I don't care to drag suitcases that far. Sounds like it's muddy anyway!

I'll give Julio a call and see if that works.

Amy
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/30/08 02:54 AM

I had a group that I thought might need to use the taxi and asked him about it and he will take anyone into the middle of town - just can't go south.

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/30/08 06:01 AM

Good to know Julio is back in business; he's a great guy and I love the concept of Golf Cart Taxis! Harriette, you said he can only go to the center of town - can he pick up people from the airstrip or does he use his van for that part of the trip?
Posted By: Northern Canuck

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/30/08 04:44 PM

Are there golf cart taxis for the south end?
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/30/08 06:46 PM

Why don't you ask Bob to meet you at the bridge if you're staying at his place.

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 06/30/08 11:06 PM

These are the only golf cart taxis because only golf carts are allowed over the bridge. The taxi associations in town are against golf cart taxis and don't allow them.

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 12:06 AM

Oh, didn'know that. I saw vans crossing the bridge when I was down in May.
Posted By: RathaBnBelize

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 12:17 AM

Just out of curiosity...why are the taxi associations against using golf carts for a taxi?
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 01:06 AM

#1. It takes money out of their pockets

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 01:09 AM

Northern,

You SHOULD have only seen one van cross the bridge. There is one van that crosses to take a child to Special Ed class at Holy Cross...that van is clearly marked. If you saw others, they should not have been there.

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 02:01 AM

Mmmm not sure I only saw the back end of a burgundy van.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 06:01 AM

Unfortunately BEL, BTL and Coral Cable are taking their pickup trucks across the bridge on a regular basis.

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 04:23 PM

So much for rules.......
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 05:05 PM

Harriette, I see nothing wrong with service trucks using the bridge......if I needed them to restore my power and/or internet, I would more than welcome them to the bridge. Private use of the bridge is another thing.......against that.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Golf Cart Taxi - To The North - 07/01/08 05:19 PM

Once the bridge was built the argument of what will and what won't be allowed was over. It will all be allowed , just let a little time go by and get the road improved some more. Can't stop it and wasting time thinking about it.
The river was a wonderful barrier from the pestilence that belongs to San Pedro.
Now it can spread easily to the rest of the island.
Tomorrows my day off , I'll soak my attitude and be more positive Thursday.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board