AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Lucas23 Getting married in Belize - 01/15/09 02:20 AM
Hello, me and my fiancee plan on getting married sometime next year (Jan-Feb 2010) and we are considering Belize. But there are so many options we feel a little bit over whelmed. So I decided to come here and maybe get some advice or pointers are some things to look for or avoid, or maybe some of your experiences with places.

First off, we are 23/24 and not looking for a nightlife party scene. We want something private and romantic. I would like to be close to the ocean but I'm still open to more inland type resorts. Also, the idea of staying on an island off the coast almost sounds to secluded and getting onto the mainland to exp things may be hard, is this true? We both enjoy hiking and out door things, as well as exploring the city. Mostly we just enjoy lounging around and taking things as they come.

We are looking to stay 7 nights about and would like to spend $5,000 US about (less is better) if its all inclusive. We would like a small ceremony but nothing crazy, as it will be just me and her with no family.

Thanks for any tips/info or whatever!

-Lucas
Posted By: Dita Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/15/09 02:40 AM
Lucas,

There is a wedding planner that works out of San Pedro. Her name on here is I Do Belize Weddings. Here is a link to her website: www.IdoBelizeWeddings.com. She can give you all the info you need and answer your quesitons. Hope this helps!
Posted By: Gela Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/22/09 05:56 AM
Lucas, I've witnessed several weddings that were held at Xanadu Resort.
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/22/09 03:52 PM
Caribbean Villas also has a lovely peaceful beach for a wedding.
Posted By: MoJo08 Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/22/09 05:26 PM
Make sure all docs are either original or certified copies. Without them you won't get married in Belize. Happened to us last Feb. So Shabba (bartender)at Capt Morgans married us in a faux ceremony, had too many friends and she had too many plans. Got married at home a week later. We do consider the Belize ceremony the actual date tho.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/23/09 12:22 AM
Hello Lucas,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning your dream wedding from another country certainly is exciting and can be overwhelming when you first begin.

I sent you a list of locations that fit what you are looking for along with a few questions to help select the perfect location. Feel free to contact me on this thread or direct with specific questions regarding the planning of your wedding location and ceremony. I am happy to answer all of your questions and make suggestions to meet your budget.

The only original/ certified documents required are divorce decrees if either party has previously been married along with the original application which we handle for you once you arrive Belize. We will let you know far in advance any additional documentation required so your ceremony is legal in Belize and when you return to your country. The process is not difficult.

We are here to ease the stress and anxiety of designing your dream wedding in Belize!

Congratulations and Best Wishes,

Keli
Posted By: missmissy Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/23/09 03:29 AM
Hi Lucus I've never blogged before but I was looking for things on Belize and saw your question. My husband and I honeymooned on Ambergris Caye in Aug 04 and are going back this June for our 5 year anniversary. I just love it there. We stayed at Captain Morgans in a cabanna and thought it was great. Very romantic and Ambergris Caye is such a friendly place. I still talk about how the islanders riding their bikes to work down the beach alway had a friendly hello and a have good evening at night. I love to snorkel and at Captain Morgans they have kayaks that you can take out and tie up and snorkel to your hearts content. The
cave tubing was great fun, on mainland. Also if Elvi resturant is still there it was great. I never felt unsafe or unwelcome there and I've been to quite a few islands. We can't wait to go back. I want to take a water taxi to caukier caye I hear is very nice also.
Posted By: Lucas23 Re: Getting married in Belize - 01/24/09 04:59 AM
Thank you everyone for your replys. We are sorting threw a lot of stuff, this sure does seem better then trying to plan a complicated wedding with all the family in the states smile
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board