AmbergrisCaye.com Home

mayan air buying roatan air

Posted By: darrin fisher

mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 04:37 AM

was wondering if anyone has heard about this?

i hear rumblings that mayan was buying roatan air and the reason that that is important is because i am told that roatan air has flights from cancun or cozumel and that those flights would run from can/coz to belize city, then on to roatan.

does anyone have the scoop?

fish
Posted By: Uncle Buck

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 04:42 AM

If that's true, then flying from the US to Belize just got a lot cheaper.
Posted By: H20dog

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 04:49 AM

Tell me how that works.........?

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:03 AM

You can fly into Cancun from the US, and get a RT ticket from Cancun to Belize City. Since flights are alot cheaper flying into Cancun, could save some cash going that route if the Cancun-Belize City tickets are reasonable.

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:15 AM

Which airline offers tickets from Belize City to Cancun?
Posted By: pugwash

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:26 AM

i hear rumblings that mayan was buying roatan air and the reason that that is important is because i am told that roatan air has flights from cancun or cozumel and that those flights would run from can/coz to belize city, then on to roatan.

You can fly into Cancun from the US, and get a RT ticket from Cancun to Belize City. Since flights are alot cheaper flying into Cancun, could save some cash going that route if the Cancun-Belize City tickets are reasonable.

Any remember this far back?

the reason that that is important is because i am told that roatan air has flights from cancun or cozumel and that those flights would run from can/coz to belize city, then on to roatan.

You can't make this stuff up smile
Posted By: reaper

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:33 AM

The Cancun to Belize tickets will make it a wash.

Let's say you get a $400rt to Cancun from anywhere USA. It runs $110 or so to fly bze to san pedro. Now add in a $250 minimum ticket cancun to bze.

Looking at what type aircraft flies the route, it may be a $400rt ticket from cancun.
Posted By: skippy

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:43 AM

"You can't make this stuff up"

He got lost at "hello"

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:55 AM

Still that's $650 from US to Belize City, which is cheaper then some fares I've seen.

You'll have to buy the $110 bze-San Pedro ticket regardless of where you fly from.

But you're right it'll probably be a wash, unless you can get a good special price into Cancun, or if that Cancun-Belize City flight is cheaper. I've taken a few commuter flights around Latin America that we're surprisingly cheap though, so we can hope. I flew Flores-Guatemala City for $200 RT, but that was a few years back.

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
You can fly into Cancun from the US, and get a RT ticket from Cancun to Belize City.

What airline offers flights from Cancun to Belize City.
(2) Who the hell is "Roatan Airlines"
Posted By: dabunk

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 06:06 AM

No one flys from Cancun to Belize City.

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 06:09 AM

Tell Pug That! And while you're at it tell him there is no such thing as Roatan Airlines
Posted By: pugwash

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 06:44 AM

Don't tell me, tell Darrin Fisher: he's the one who heard a rumor and is asking a question !

I someone has information and someone else is asking a civil question,such as

"does anyone have the scoop"

it would be courteous to share, or am I missing something here?

Roatan Air is a small charter service that does not seem to offer scheduled flights, so check back with your source Darrin?

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by pugwash

Any remember this far back?

the reason that that is important is because i am told that roatan air has flights from cancun or cozumel and that those flights would run from can/coz to belize city, then on to roatan.

You can't make this stuff up smile

Always be informed before you respond.....Roatan airlines does not exist.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 01:46 PM

I heard that Maya was going to start flying from southern Belize direct to Roatan, starting in February. I e-mailed Maya and asked if it was true. Their reply was that they were going to start flying that route 'sometime in 2009'. I'm not holding my breath.

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 02:21 PM

Pug- If you and your parrot would step aside I'll get that information from Darrin.

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 02:23 PM

Darrin- Do you know the name of the airline that serves Chetumal and Cancun?
Posted By: papashine

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 02:38 PM

Doubtful at best, there are rumours circulating that Maya is doing something, but believe it when you see it. cool

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 02:43 PM

Maya flies to San Pedro Sula now....flights to Roatan would be nice.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 03:09 PM

I think there would be a huge demand (all things being relative) for flights between Belize -- Belize City or San Pedro -- and Roatan. Hope Maya Island can make it work.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: darrin fisher

Re: mayan air buying roatan air - 01/27/09 03:28 PM

no i do not....didnt know id create such a ruckus, lol.

i have a friend or 2 in belize that seem pretty well informed. id rather not air their laundry or names here but...

what i was told was that there is an airline in roatan (might be wrong on it being called roatan air) that was being bought by mayan air. i beleive the route i was told was that it would be flying from roatan to belize city and on to either can/coz.

it would be just like a commuter flight that happens just like new orleans to atlanta, or new york to dc.

i was just wondering if my guy was a) mistaken, b) its still down low (i have no idea why), or c) bullchips.

i guess im still waiting :^)

fish
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board