AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Agi Roatan to Belize City - 04/16/09 11:51 PM
Is there an easy/quick way to get to Belize City from Roatan? From what I've found online, it doesn't seem possible. I saw there was an airline called Atlantic Airlines that did such a flight but they are now out of business. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By: lakegirl Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 12:01 AM
We would like to know the same thing!!
Posted By: Phil Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 03:44 PM
When. Maya island Air are reportedly due to announce services to Roatan in the coming weeks.
Posted By: Islenutt Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 04:07 PM
It isn't quick but a few years ago I did Roatan to Belize by flying Roatan - San Pedro Sula on Islena Air (Taca owned), overnight there and 6 a.m. flight on Taca to BZE.
Microtel hotel is a safe, clean hotel to stay near San Pedro Sula airport.
I booked my Islena flight at the Roatan airport as it was much cheaper than on the Taca website. Not sure if this is still the case...
There is a ferry but I'm not sure the route. Someone posted it here a while back, a search may tell you.
Posted By: Agi Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 09:17 PM
Thank you for the good news.
Posted By: Agi Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 09:19 PM
Right now it doesn't look like there is a direct flight from Roatan to San Pedro Sula with Taca so, it's 3 flights to get to Belize City and two of the flights have a connection under 1 hour so the chances of lost missing flights or losing luggage seem quite high.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Roatan to Belize City - 04/17/09 10:11 PM
Minor point: The Microtel near San Pedro Sula is now called the Metrotel.

--Lan Sluder
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board