AmbergrisCaye.com Home

phones in Chetumal

Posted By: CayeMarie

phones in Chetumal - 10/28/10 12:22 AM

does anyone know if digicell phones from here work in Chetumal. Thanks
Posted By: P.J.

Re: phones in Chetumal - 10/28/10 02:14 AM

It should work since its a GSM service, but it will probably be pricey. Well worth it for a necessary phone call or two though.
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: phones in Chetumal - 10/28/10 03:08 AM

You can go to the Bahia and pick up reception form Belize with BTL phones, not such good reception with Smart. I used to be able to get reception from the Sam's Club parking lot, and sometimes from inside Sam's Club. Smart phones say they are roaming, but you can't dial out.
Posted By: gecko_girl

Re: phones in Chetumal - 10/28/10 11:03 PM

My Digicell had signal all over Chetumal.
Posted By: jamesp

Re: phones in Chetumal - 11/06/10 06:08 AM

which mighty phone you use?? I really want to know, cause I can't even get good signal in Belize
Posted By: P.J.

Re: phones in Chetumal - 11/06/10 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jamesp
which mighty phone you use?? I really want to know, cause I can't even get good signal in Belize

Sounds like you just need a new phone. I've had service all over Belize City, San Pedro, Caye Caulker (most of the boat ride in between these locations too) and Chetumal with 3 different phones in the time that I've lived here.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: phones in Chetumal - 11/07/10 05:41 PM

I know some people opt for buying sim card in Mexico.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: phones in Chetumal - 11/21/10 03:02 PM

My post-paid BTL cellular works fine in Chetumal.
Posted By: t42

Re: phones in Chetumal - 11/21/10 04:29 PM

We were in Mexico a few months back and the friends we were with are customs brokers who do a lot of work at the border and their Mexican cell phone when trying to add time to it said that it now required an address in Mexico before allowing the top up. It was something to do with having a trace regarding the phone so not sure if buying a sim card would work anymore.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board