AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: RedRover BZE Airport - 02/13/12 05:26 PM
We are flying in on US Air next month and then on to Caye Caulker on Tropic Air. I noticed that there are 2 "terminals" at BZE. Surely they are not that far apart as we will be hauling our luggage from customs terminal (including a stop at duty free) to the Tropic Air terminal. Any insight?

RedRover96
Posted By: brotherbill Re: BZE Airport - 02/13/12 05:32 PM
i wouldn,t have anybody help you with ur baggage as the otherterminal is right around a wall,5 sec walk,lol
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: BZE Airport - 02/13/12 06:00 PM
Bill is right - it is basically through a door. If you do have help please notice the sign that tells you how much to pay per bag.
Posted By: t42 Re: BZE Airport - 02/16/12 03:10 PM
When you leave Customs go left thru the door not outside it's about 20 steps have fun!
Posted By: RedRover Re: BZE Airport - 02/16/12 09:46 PM
Thanks to ALL! We are looking forward to our visit, just a couple of weeks now!

RedRover96
Posted By: klcman Re: BZE Airport - 02/17/12 12:42 AM
Anyone know (I've never looked) if Duty Free Arrivals carries smokes?
Posted By: wade the gringo Re: BZE Airport - 02/17/12 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by klcman
Anyone know (I've never looked) if Duty Free Arrivals carries smokes?

yes they do. limited selection
Posted By: klcman Re: BZE Airport - 02/17/12 03:28 AM
just need Camel filters smile thx Wade
Posted By: Cooper Re: BZE Airport - 02/17/12 05:45 AM
You wont get camel filters here, not on Caye Caulker anyway, best buy a carton each at duty free prior to leaving the U.S.
Posted By: RedRover Re: BZE Airport - 02/17/12 10:47 PM
One more question has anyone noticed a reasonably priced champagne at the inbound BZE duty free store? We are coming in for a wedding and as the bride said what's a wedding without champagne! I maybe over thinking this and I have been lucky in the past in packing glass bottles in my suit case. However when it comes to bubbly and baggage handlers I get nervous thinking about a bottle of bubbly not breaking, but going off like a gun shot inside my bag. laugh

RedRover96
Posted By: klcman Re: BZE Airport - 02/18/12 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Cooper
You wont get camel filters here, not on Caye Caulker anyway, best buy a carton each at duty free prior to leaving the U.S.

I don't expect them to be anywhere in country. Never have been, but I have bought them in Duty Free exiting BZE. Just was wondering about inbound.
Posted By: klcman Re: BZE Airport - 02/18/12 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by RedRover
One more question has anyone noticed a reasonably priced champagne at the inbound BZE duty free store? We are coming in for a wedding and as the bride said what's a wedding without champagne! I maybe over thinking this and I have been lucky in the past in packing glass bottles in my suit case. However when it comes to bubbly and baggage handlers I get nervous thinking about a bottle of bubbly not breaking, but going off like a gun shot inside my bag. laugh

RedRover96

wrap it in bubble wrap, at least 3/4in thick, then wrap in a big towel.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: BZE Airport - 02/18/12 04:02 AM
Klc has it right. I do the same thing every time I travel....must have a good bottle of California wine. Never had a problem so far! smile
Posted By: RedRover Re: BZE Airport - 02/18/12 10:20 PM
LaurieMar & KLC thanks for your input. We all agree on bringing a good bottle of our favorite local wine and that's why I am checking on champagne. We had rather pack a bottle of wine & with the 1 bottle limit we were hoping to buy champagne at BZE duty free.

RedRover96
Posted By: Marymo Re: BZE Airport - 02/19/12 02:25 AM
Super Buy South near Marina's has magnums of sparkling wine for around $70 or $80 bz.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: BZE Airport - 02/19/12 03:44 AM
Oh, don't know about the one bottle limit..LOL. Have brought two bottles and no one has ever said a thing, but then again, you never know.
Posted By: tahunt Re: BZE Airport - 02/19/12 07:38 AM
You are only allowed to bring in 1 litre of alcohol per person. I have always been honest with the customs agent and have never even had my bags searched. I brought in 2 bottles on Monday with no issues. I have brought as many as 3 bottles with no issues. I was reminded I should have only brought 1 but was allowed to go through anyway. Just be kind and respectful and I dont see any issues.
Posted By: RedRover Re: BZE Airport - 02/20/12 04:25 PM
MARYMO and the rest,
Thanks for your input; since we have a very tight connection to Caye Caulker we will not have time for shopping outside of the airport. I am pretty much assuming no one has seen any champagne at BZE duty free and to pack in what we will need.
RedRover96
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board