AmbergrisCaye.com Home

duty

Posted By: renski

duty - 02/20/12 12:17 AM

We have a place on the island and live far far away smile we are bringing down a good set of pots & pans as the only ones available on the island, mainland or Mexico are expensive and poor quality.We know not to have them in the box..and we know as a general rule the duty we will pay on them is the discretion of the duty officer....does anyone have input on how to go about this? cheers
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: duty - 02/20/12 01:03 AM

Hi Renee,
Just say they are used and put a very low value on them.....in the past we have not been charged any duty at all.
Posted By: Hon

Re: duty - 02/20/12 06:39 PM

Just so you know, I got a decent set of Sunbeam stainless steel pots and pans with heavy bottoms at Caye Supply for about $200BZ. I saw the same set at home for about $20 less so I felt pretty good about buying them in SP.
Posted By: renski

Re: duty - 02/21/12 02:29 AM

HI AL:) I bought some from there last March Hon and they were the most expensive stainless ones they had... no good:( This time Iam bringing down some good Canadian Made Paderno smile
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: duty - 02/21/12 05:19 AM

Use them a few time and don't clean them like you usually would. If they ask just tell them you will take them home with you.
I too am spoiled and love my heavy duty Cuisanart and Iron Clad ones.
Posted By: Hon

Re: duty - 02/21/12 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by renski
HI AL:) I bought some from there last March Hon and they were the most expensive stainless ones they had... no good:( This time Iam bringing down some good Canadian Made Paderno smile

Mine have held up really well. Luck of the draw I guess. That said, I do love my Paderno and could have used my deep saute pan dozens of times since I've been here. I brought my Wusthof knives this time. Maybe Paderno pans next time smile Let me know how it goes.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board