AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Syl New. To forum hi - 07/31/13 04:42 AM
Hi ,
I am looking to visit belize for the first time and found this forum. We are 2 couples that love the beach for snorkeling ,fishing and just hanging out. I am not sure where to begin ..would like reasonable beachfront, fun casual dining and some places that only locals know about...;)... Thx for all and any suggestions!
Posted By: Syl Re: New. To forum hi - 08/01/13 03:38 AM
Wow ..100 views but no response..hmmm maybe not going about it the right way.
I just need some direction to using this forum to find some suggestions .I was excited to see that lax was going to be doing direct flights to belize so I was looking to get as much info etc. I am a planner. Thx
Posted By: debbief Re: New. To forum hi - 08/01/13 04:02 AM
Usually people are helpful if you can give some specifics of what you're looking for location-wise (in town, south of town, north of the bridge). We have a place north of the bridge where it's a little quieter, but many people prefer to be within walking distance of town with a little more going on. You might read San Pedro Scoop's blog to get a feel for activities and restaurants, etc. The search function at the top will also help with peoples' opinion on places to stay, eat, tours, etc.

I hope you get some helpful responses now! When are you planning to be down?
Posted By: Syl Re: New. To forum hi - 08/01/13 04:14 AM
Thx for the response..I am not sure where we would
Ike to be...I guess I need to do some more research. I am a frequent traveler to playa del carmen and have stayed in playa. In Puerto Morelos, tulum, and in Valladolid so I we like different options. We would love to see as much as we can ! We like hanging out at beach days but love exploring! Thanks for the suggestions! What is a good time to visit that is not very busy but nice?
Posted By: debbief Re: New. To forum hi - 08/01/13 04:37 AM
While you're doing your research you might consider spending a few days on the mainland before or after your time on Ambergris Caye. Many of the tours to the ruins, cave-tubing, zip-lining, etc. take most of a day. My children started spending a couple of days doing the ATM caves (an excellent adventure if you're up for it!) and other mainland activities first, then spend their days on the island snorkeling, diving, doing a beach BBQ, and just hanging around the rest if the time. We always go for a couple of weeks in January when it's a little quieter than the busy holiday times, then again later in the year. Lobsterfest in mid-June is a popular time to go. Again, Rebecca has a lot of good information in her "Scoop" blog and it's fun reading. There's a link to it on the right-hand side of the Board.
Posted By: Cooper Re: New. To forum hi - 08/04/13 03:40 AM
Caye Caulker is way cheaper Than Ambergris, Its slower more relaxing , no paved roads no traffic. San Pedro is a busy expensive place, It offers more fine dining, more upscaled lodging,It has many more options for shopping and a much bigger Island, great places on the north end for adventure. etc etc, Caye Caulker has enough upscale places, but more local flavor. You can actually take a snorkel trip from here to Hol Chan which is directly in front of San Pedro for about 30% cheaper. With
3 snorkel stops for $35,full day with lunch.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board