AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Tropic Air Baggage Allowance

Posted By: debbief

Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/24/14 09:04 PM

After 15 trips I don't know how I never noticed Tropic Air's luggage weight restriction before, but does anyone know if they enforce the 25 pound maximum weight per bag now? We usually stay a few weeks and have always brought a bag weighing about 40 pounds (and sometimes an extra bag with supplies for schools) and have never had a problem.

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/25/14 12:57 AM

All of my bags tend to return from the states weighing in the area of 50lbs. Sometimes a little more. That is just under 23 KG

Re: Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/25/14 01:38 PM

Thanks, Amanda!
Posted By: cracked up

Re: Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/25/14 03:55 PM

That's 25# for domestic travel other than flts originating and ending at BZE. international baggage limits are less restrictive

Re: Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/25/14 08:39 PM

That explains why we've never had a problem! i wish I could travel with only 25 pounds, but I'd hate to have to choose between clothes and school supplies. smile
Posted By: Hon

Re: Tropic Air Baggage Allowance - 11/26/14 01:38 PM

I have traveled on domestic flights in Belize with all the stuff I need for a 4 month stay. Tropic has never weighed or measured any of my bags and never given a second glance at the number of pieces. Personally, I think it would have to be a blatant abuse of their system for them to deny transporting your luggage.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board