AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Customs

Posted By: Marius

Customs - 04/04/15 03:59 PM

Hi,
I have read various posts on the topic of customs, but I am still confused.
We are a family of 5 moving to AC for 12 months, and then to return to the U.S. We will bring various clothes (shorts, t shirts, flip flops), a couple of iPads, our cellphones, some snorkling gear etc
Would we have to pay customs on any of this? Some places I read that valuable items can be written in/on your passport, and customs would be due if you don't bring it out again.
Posted By: ragman

Re: Customs - 04/04/15 07:27 PM

I see nothing there that would require payment to customs. Anything that a traveler would be expected to have with them such as your iPads and cells are fine. If questioned, which you will not, state that they are yours and will be returning with you when you leave. Your length of stay means nothing in this case and if you have no special designation they will allow you to stay for 30 days after which you can renew for another 30. The fee goes up after a while but you can just keep renewing.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Customs - 04/04/15 08:14 PM

"Some places I read that valuable items can be written in/on your passport, and customs would be due if you don't bring it out again." That's correct, if they do write it in you must prove you have it on the way out or you pay duty.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board